Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chamonix Routes
  • andrew277
    Free Member

We are going to be in Switzerland for 8 days mountain biking week of the 13th July and were planning on going to Chamonix for the day. Current plan is to head to Le Tour / Vallorcine and do the Border Run Trail and Les Frettes Ridge, im not sure how busy these trails get in the summer? Does anybody know if we will run into issues with the biking ban and/or to many walkers?

John_Key
    Free Member

When I was there a couple of years ago they weren’t that busy. Hikers tend to stick to the round mont blanc route and the trail down to vallorcine from Col de Balme was empty and the only other riders I saw were up and down at Le Tour on the lifts there.

dair86
    Free Member

I was there last June, the only lift open at the time was the Brevent, rode the Charlanon. Bit exposed in places. Also rode the caillet hut route pedaling form the town.

Give http://www.chamonixbikeblog.com/ a wee look, also ZeroG shop in town is worth a visit for some local knowledge

sharkattack

I’m also interested in this. I’ll be there in a month with my girlfriend. I wouldn’t mind finding some nice mellow loops or maybe lift assisted singletrack avoiding anything too rocky and lethal.

chevychase

Bump. For advice. Here for next three days. Need some not too hard lift assisted stuff for the o/h 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m there early Sept for a week, so will be looking at maps soon.

kenttaff13

Try Le Tour for not too hard lift assist.

jedi

Brevet down to les praz. Up plan praz down to le savoyez. Across to grand montette up to mid Station follow right to lift entry for winter and 47 switchback descent, back to montetts then grand longnan chappeu to mbc brewery for beers

strike
    Free Member

Le Tour is good fun but will only keep you entertained for half a day. You also have the lift/trails at Les Houches – again, good for a half a day or so. Col des Posettes, accessed via the Le Tour lift is great fun, but I think bikes are not allowed July/August. Download the TrailForks app to get more info on what’s around.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix Routes’ is closed to new replies.