Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Challenges your toughest?
  • bullheart
    Free Member

Good work Drac, that sounds like a bitch of a walk!

Hardest? SSUK this weekend gone, a week after my last and final chemo. My kidneys are unhappy, and letting me know…

Drac

Thanks Bullheart.

Yeah very humble effort there but great to see that you achieved what you wanted to do.

epicyclo

Camping with my missus.

Drac

Yeah my wife loves camping too.

tang
    Free Member

Giving up Uni at UCL and becoming a monk for 3 years in India with no money, just a one way ticket and a passport. However, this was the best decision I ever made.

Losing a younger brother in a climbing accident (this happened while in India and uncontactable, I came back 2 weeks after it happened not knowing).

2 children in special care, and subsequent post natal depression suffered by my wife with a baby in hospital and undergoing surgery. I didn’t sleep much for 2 months. Relapse but in a different way worse.

Drac

Yeah that puts things into to perspective that’s quite a life experience tang.

freeagent
    Free Member

I think the birth of my second daughter was the toughest thing I’ve experienced.

Google ‘ruptured uterus during delivery’ for further details – normally either mother or baby and often both don’t survive. Mine both beat the odds and pulled through –
    The 3-4 days surrounding this were horrible, and I wish I’d sought help afterwards – am fighting back tears just thinking about it (was 5 years ago)

My younger brother passes away from Liver Cancer 2 years ago, aged 36 – another experience that was very hard to get through.

Oh, and the Ride London 100 was tough this year – I’m unfit and a bit fat – messed up my hydration, got caught in traffic at the bottom of Leith Hill for over an hour, and found the last 5-10 miles really hard.

ononeorange

That sounds tough freeagent – kudos to you for getting through.

For me – getting the Big C diagnosis. Made doubly hard but having just got a fat bike that I cannot now ride…..

Physically, either walking the Pennine Way or completing a 100k Merida at Ruthin.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Challenges your toughest?’ is closed to new replies.