Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Challenge: Explain the Matrix films in less than 100 words
  • P20

I've never understood the matrix trilogy films. Whilst impressed with the action sequences etc, never ever got the story/plot (if there is one)

So here's the challenge: Explain the Matrix in 100 words or less 😀
    Thats the whole thing, if no one can do it, then we'll try each film in 100 words 🙂

So go on, there's your gaunlet lying on the floor….. 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

sh*t

GrahamS

Existentialism is true.
    Life is a simulation.
    All sequels suck.

How's that?

jam-bo

Should have stopped after the first one.

GrahamS

Also: obscure biblical references don't necessarily make for a deep and intelligent film.

Jamie
    Free Member

Matrix 1 – Ohhh this is good!
    Matrix 2 – Hmmm
    Matrik 3 – That architect fella can **** right off.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Someone already has… Sh*t

ooOOoo
    Free Member

IT's real…no it's not real…you can't do that…oh, looks you can…take a pill oh turn off this bollocks, strictly's on

GrahamS

IT's real…no it's not real…you can't do that…oh, looks you can…take a pill oh turn off this bollocks, strictly's on

You didn't make it past the first half hour of the first film??? 😯

The first film is a multi-Oscar winning, ground-breaking classic.

It's just the two sequels were.. well a bit damp and up their own arse.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Does god exist

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I found all three extremely tedious.

MrNutt
    Free Member

there's this shark, its a killer, it goes up on a boat and a bloke shoots a canister thats stuck in its mouth and it explodes?

trailmonkey

Hollywood film moguls invest millions in extremely clever and well written plot lines in an attempt to wrap audiences up in such a riddle, that they subsequently fail to spot that Keanu Reeves is the most wooden actor in history. They fail.

mustard
    Free Member

EPIC FAIL! – except for the first one, maybe!

GrahamS

they subsequently fail to spot that Keanu Reeves is the most wooden actor in history

What, dude?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*badooom* badooom* *badooom*

(images from a really weird site about guns in movies)

DrP

Matrix part 1:
    Humans Vs solar powered robots. Blam Blam. Humans block out sun. Humans win. Robots steal warm babies – heat is power. Babies die. Robots do something to babies making them think they are living a 'life'. The Matrix lives. Babies live. Robots live. Robots win.
    Some humans leave matrix, but can go back to matrix.
    Humans fight robots in matrix and real world.
    Neo is the one in matrix.

Matrix part 2:
    What is choice? Do we have a choice? Things happen cos they happen… blah blah blah..
    Neo is the one in matrix.

Matrix part 3:
    More pointless fighting and CGI.
    Neo is the one in matrix and real life.
    Neo meets beardy man – he gets the matrix explained (maybe in part 2?)
    Squids attack humans in real world – something happens.
    Humans win.
    Matrix still exists.

DrP

Bing
    Free Member

Complicated.

MrFart
    Free Member

Marxist dialectic and false consiciousness with a sexy/dirty older woman.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I went to the pictures to watch the 3rd one. I was that close to having an epileptic fit that i had to close my eyes for a while. It was so bright i could still see the film with my eyes closed 😯

bassspine
    Free Member

Matrix 3 BEST COMEDY USE OF WHEELBARROWS in a movie ever 🙂 hilarious

IHN

Massively overrated

iamtheresurrection

I spent 10 minutes trying to write a (drunken) coherent reply, while trying to play Scrabble with the missus (I know it's a Friday night, but I am 34 now).

All you need to know is it's worth watching for Monica Bellucci in latex…

allthepies
    Free Member

Looks "high maintenance" to me.

P20

I anticipated the barrage of its crap/shit/etc 😆 I didn't actually say i liked it or thought it was good.
    DrP, i still don't get it…sorry….
    It sounds like i'm not alone in not understanding this then

P20

iamtheresurrection – fair point.
    Wor lass won't play scrabble, blames her dyslexia

iamtheresurrection

allthepies – Member
    Looks "high maintenance" to me.

Well, for the sake of moral high ground – I'll do the maintenance.

iamtheresurrection

P20 – Member
    I anticipated the barrage of its crap

Last one… Listen Matrix one was excellent, I won't hear a bad word – including the liberal use of RATM in the soundtrack. Two was a shocker and Three just about finished it with some dignity.

One though, it really was a cracking film.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Matrix1 – Neo knows kung-fu. Trinity looks good in latex.
    Matrix2 – Neo knows kung-fu. Trinity looks good in latex.
    Matrix3 – Neo knows kung-fu. Trinity looks good in latex.

and sequels suck.

GrahamS

Was your OP serious? Did you genuinely not get it?

Which bit did you not to get? The surface plot is a little bit tangled, but fairly straight forward. No?

P20

GrahamS – Member

Was your OP serious? Did you genuinely not get it?

Which bit did you not to get? The surface plot is a little bit tangled, but fairly straight forward. No?
    😳
    Nope, didn't get it. Don't get the significance( if any) of the characters and what they represent or what the plot/story is

GrahamS

😯

allthepies
    Free Member

My summary still stands IMO.

muddy@rseguy

Matrix1: Keanu in really rather good and groundbreaking action movie shock. Goes "Woah" a few times, does Kung fu and shots lots of guns a lot and kills Hugo Weaving

Matrix2: Keanu in pretty average and surprisingly dull action movie. Goes "Woah" a few times more, shoots more guns and kills Hugo Weaving over and over and over and over again. Some bloke pretends to be french. Whole audience of Cinema wants to slap him.

Matrix3: Keanu in pointless and dull action movie. Cant say as to whether he went "woah" a lot as I couldnt be @rsed to actually watch this after being thoroughly bored during Matrix2 and didnt feel like wasting a night out at the flicks or insulting my inteligence and blowing £12 on a dvd but, as its a Keanu movie I would expect he did actually go "woah" quite a bit in this one too.

Personally I'd watch Dark City any day 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

one thing I never understood was where they get their clothing from in 'the real world' it must be woven belly button fluff. It explains why the sweaters are all grey/blue…

mogrim

Who cares about the plot, when you've got Trinity in latex/leather???

samuri
    Free Member

Jesus, (did you see what I did there?), no-one has still explain it in simple terms. I'll try.

1. Humans fight machines, try to win by blocking out sun, machines win, all humans on surface bred for power, all plugged into the matrix, believe it to be real life. Some humans escape and start revolution. Stories of 'the one' surface, humans outside, look for the one. Find the one, start fighting. Turns out Neo can bend the rules like agents can, is he the one? Smith (who is a software program like everything else), runs off the rails and becomes a virus. The oracle is a software program helping the humans. Neo eventually destroys smith.

2. Neo is now all powerful in the matrix, smith has also developed to point where he is becoming very powerful. No longer under control of the machines. The revolution finds many other software programs who are not governed by the machines. Everyone gets involved, lots of fighting. Eventually neo meets the architect who explains that this process has happened many times before, the software program is being refined and tested each time. Humanities unique points are causing the machines issues. Neo takes a different path to all previous neo's, saves trinity, things change, neo become all powerful in the real world.

3. Machines try to destroy zion in the real world, fight continues both in the matrix and in the real world. Lots of fighting. Neo becomes like jesus, meets machine boss, agrees to destroy smith for peace to all. Machines agrees, neo kills smith with his AVG anti-virus, everyone lives happily ever after.

samuri
    Free Member

Oh, and trinity looks great but Monica Bellucci is so smoking she must be on fire. What a fantastic looking woman. That walk could turn gay men straight and solve ALL the worlds climate problems.

zaskar
    Free Member

Human slaves act as batteries for machines and computers.

Escape.

Internet fake world of delusion.

Violence, save the world.

Escape, win, violence and snog the leading lady.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's a fairly standard "the universe we experience is a simulation" plot quite common in sci-fi books but not previously done that successfully on film. Here we go…

Neo discovers the simulation (matrix) and can escape and break back in. The robots who run it are trying to kill him and the other escaped humans. He later discovers he is a special because in the Matrix (the simulation) he begins to see the software running and can reprogramme it on the fly – the source of his "special powers". Smith is a security software program that goes bad and becomes a virus. Eventually Neo kills "him".

I thought trinity was nice. I like action girls.

AlasdairMc

Matrix 1: Pilgrim finds what he thinks is the son of God.
    Matrix 2: Yup, guess pilgrim was right
    Matrix 3: Son of God dies for our sins.

And guns, lots of guns.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Challenge: Explain the Matrix films in less than 100 words’ is closed to new replies.