Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Chalet Maid wanted asap Morzine
  • simba
    Free Member

Anyone interested in being a first class chalet maid please forward CV to sueimeson@hotmail.co.uk.
    Position available now in Morzine.
    6 day week
    split shifts, 7.30 start finish about 10 ish
    lift pass, accomodation and food provided
    wage £100 per week
    previous experience of cleaning and waitressing are essential.
    Mature applicants invited
    must suppy 2 references of previous work

MrNutt
    Free Member

bike storage?

location?

(not that I’m interested, commitments and all that, but I think those things probably could help?)

ton

why the **** would anyone want to be a servant to anyone???

MrNutt
    Free Member

aspirations to work in politics or formula 1 hospitality?

doof_doof
    Free Member

bruneep

This is a sexist advert.

Drac

Is this a commercial ad?

tyke
    Free Member

I would have thought it was bordering on the commercial. Funny how the poster only registered today and hasn’t made any other posts.

boxelder

Jeez, calm down folks.
    They’re not selling anything, just offering some work (makes a change from ‘lost my job…’ bad news). Most workers in the UK are in the service sector (serving people in some way).
    If you’re unattached, like meeting folk, into skiing/mtb, and out of work, then this could be a great way to spend a few months – it’s how people get good at skiing when Daddy can’t fund it.

ton

cooking/cleaning/slaving for some middleclass tw*ts is not my idea of a great way to spend a few months.

sorry.

Rich
    Free Member

Well dont apply then!!

It would be a wicked opportunity for the right person. It’s more about living in a really good location to enjoy your time off.

simba
    Free Member

hi everyone who has answered,
    A)not commercial, genuine ad from a biker/skier
    B)why are some people so stupid
    C)if you aint interested dont waste my time
    D)thanks to others with more sense
    E)some bike storage but its winter skiing here at the moment
    and i have been a member on here since year blob but due to recent problems with this site it wouldnt recognise my user name so had to re-register
    Goodnight gents
    Sue x

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is this a commercial ad?

I’d say so. Although it’s advertising a job, rather than a service or goods.

Can’t think why they can’t find someone locally, though. A student or someone from a local town, maybe. I dunno.

I’d say that a forum populated by mainly blokes over 25/30 might not be the best place to look, mind.

simba
    Free Member

I,m quite amazed by all this negativity! I live and work in France and i must of forgotten how ridiculous some people get about an honest forum post.
    Jeez guys, enjoy life and let others do the same, in peace.
    Sue x

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hmm, but Simba, the rules do state " No Trade or business advertising – except bona fide retailers may respond to genuine enquiries from potential customers."

I think that’s what a few people object to. Although I can see that it’s not really the same as someone trying to get free advertising for their products or services.

Good luck with finding someone!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Amazing responses- so much negativity and inverse snobbery!

If I was a chef skier/boarder and 15 years younger , i’d bite off Simbas R arm for the job, The boarding and skiing locally is great- les get avoriaz and morzine lovely. the snow is the best in years, it’s great life experience and yes you do have to work hard, but sure you can play hard too!

Simba I hop you get a good host/maid and ignore the negatives.

Anyway I’m off boarding in Tignes in a week- I hope our chalet slave fits our middle class **** requirements. LOL

andywhit
    Free Member

What bizarre responses to this thread.

Hope you find someone Sue.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Sounds like a great job getting paid £100 to work six days a week until 10pm slaving, sorry servicing, customers. I have done similar jobs in my yoof and would never again. Good luck to you!

Ashley
    Free Member

I must say I’m surprised at the negativity in some of the above posters. This sounds a good job for the right people and actually pretty much the going rate for such a position.

If I didn’t have a family and was also 15 years younger then I would be applying.

Thank you simba for posting it.

jimmy

Similarly I’d love to do this job, good luck.

boxelder

…….’slaps forehead’………

Good luck Sue

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

What chalet is this for- how many guests?

What are the shifts- 7.30 am till when, and when is the afternoon start?

Changover day included in those 6?

Full area lift pass?

ton

my humble apologies for being
    stupid
    negative
    a inverse snob
    and a time waster. 😳 😳

djglover
    Free Member

If I had my time again I’d have done this when I was 21.

Not sure it fits in the rules of the forum or why it provoked such rage from the proletariat.

tails
    Free Member

i see you get food and shelter, but why are jobs like this so badly paid. I would probably quite like this kind of work but the pay 😥 Anyway best of luck in finding the right person, and i’ll ask my friend if you don’t find someone by the end of today as he does this kind of work. 😀

simondbarnes

i see you get food and shelter, but why are jobs like this so badly paid.

£100/week is *way* more than I have leftover after paying rent/food/bills so it doesn’t seem that badly paid.

djglover
    Free Member

indeed

ton

tails, because the middleclasses think it is all the lower classes are worth. 😀

boxelder

it’s a good job you don’t have for pay for camera film and processing Barnes! 😉

curtisthecat
    Free Member

and actually pretty much the going rate for such a position.

£2/day is the going rate to work in a Bangladeshi sweatshop….no lift pass though

tails
    Free Member

oh so it is actually okay paywise, sorry I don’t have any family to support so live in a bit of a economic bubble

boxelder

Has yours not burst yet then?

Ewan
    Free Member

Sounds good to me – if I were 21 i’d do it…

It’s not like it’s Exxon Mobile trying to slip a free ad in is it folks!

rodderz
    Free Member

if i was 20 again of year out or something i would have done this. sometimes i really i wish i had…

MrNutt
    Free Member

me too, but alas commitments (as originally stated)

stevomcd
    Free Member

Some people just don’t get it…

Hope you get sorted Sue and hope it’s snowing over there. It’s DUMPING here! 😆

Sainte Foy Chalet

Ambrose

Sue- I’m assuming that this is for the winter season and not the summer one? If for the summer I might have a taker for you. I’m a bit confused because it is a biking site you are asking on…

Jamie
    Free Member

ton – Member

tails, because the middleclasses think it is all the lower classes are worth. [:D]

Calm down dear.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

No the lower classes arent worth a penny ton. i’d rather get a hard working polish immigrant any day

Bunnyhop

It’s usually the ‘ boarding school gels,’ who do this kind of work and the noveau rich who are the (ex- working classes)peeps who can afford chalet jollies now a days.
    So a little role reversal there Ton 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Chalet Maid wanted asap Morzine’ is closed to new replies.