Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Chainrings for my SRAM Rival chainset, or alternative options
  • ChrisL

My commuter’s chainrings are goosed. It’s a 2016 SRAM Rival 34/50 chainset. It turns out that SRAM have chosen a hilariously incompatible setup for the rings. While 5 bolt 110 BCD doesn’t sound too bad, one of those bolt holes goes under the crank arm and the 50t chainring requires a “hidden bolt” for this.

I haven’t found any 3rd party rings that can be used as replacements and the only SRAM ones I’ve found in stock seem to be for higher spec groupsets so cost more than a new chainset would!

Can anyone point me towards a supply of compatible (and affordable) chainrings, or would I be better off biting the bullet and getting an equivalent Shimano chainset and BB so at least I won’t have this problem (well not this exact problem at least) the next time I need to replace chainrings? Looks like I can get an equivalent 105 chainset from Merlin for £82.50, plus the price of a Shimano BB.

kilo

I got an inner, 34t from tredz for a reasonable amount but they are normally pretty expensive rings, I paid a lot for the outer 50t ring. If I’d put more thought into I would have swapped out to shimano. I hadn’t noticed the stupid hidden bolt until I went to swap the chainring, right pita

ChrisL

I’ve found a reasonably priced 34t ring but it’s the 50t that’s proving elusive. It looks like I could get another Rival chainset for about the same price as a 105 and a bottom bracket, but then I’ll just have the same problem again when its chainrings give up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Chainrings for my SRAM Rival chainset, or alternative options’ is closed to new replies.