Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chainring options for Campag compact
  • DiscJockey
    Free Member

I’ve got a Campag Ultratorque 11spd compact chainset (50/34) and need to replace the outer chainring. I’d prefer to get a smaller size, i.e. anything down to 44, but there don’t seem to be many options. I don’t actually need an 11spd chainring as I’m running 10spd. Any ideas ?

simondbarnes

4 or 5 arm?

aP
    Free Member

TA chainrings are good, I am using them on Campag CT cranks in both 10 and 11 spd.

andysredmini
    Free Member

There isn’t many options because one of the bolts is offset meaning you cant use any old chainring. I gave up looking and have decided to buy a new bike with Shimano. The offset bolt is the one that fits from behind into the crank arm. I did find one manufacturer on ribble making compatible ones but i wanted black and they only did silver. The genuine campag ones are so expensive it could almost work out cheaper to buy a clearance whole crankset with new rings from somewhere like ribble.

aP
    Free Member

I’ll say it again TA Nerius

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I used similar Campag kit a while ago – I think I dropped down to 48t but I don’t think I saw much less than than that.

But yes, either TA or I think Stronglight did Campy chainrings too IIRC.

simondbarnes

I’ll say it again TA Nerius

They won’t work very well if his chainset is 4 arm 😉

(TA still do chainrings that would work though – X145 down to 46t)

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – much appreciated.

Simon – sorry, I should have said 5-arm. I’d not realised Campag had switched to 4-arm. My chainset is a 2012 Record. I should also have mentioned this is for a CX bike.

Andy – yes, that was my concern. I’ve always liked the Record hidden bolt, but you’re right about compatibility (the recess is on the opposite side).

Ap – thanks for the link. I forgot to check SJS (they have come in handy many times in the past).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chainring options for Campag compact’ is closed to new replies.