• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by si77.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chainring for SRAM cranks and Shimano 12 sp chain
  • davros

Considering a few of the cheaper options:
    Works components
    Unite
    Superstar

Ruled out blackspire as the last one I ordered was wonky, no not oval.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

greeny30
    Free Member

Doddy from GMBN is using a superstar raptor with his XT 12sp including hg+ chain, they make them for sram cranks in the different offsets as well.
    January GIMME20 20% off code.

davros

Thanks, I’ve used a raptor with 11 speed and it’s lasted well enough. I’ve got an xtr cassette so don’t want to use anything that would wear it prematurely and it seems to be more complicated when it comes to 12 speed.

joebristol

I’ve got a Sram X1 crank but 12 speed Shimano. I got a Northshore Billet ring which has the hg12 profile but Sram direct mount fittings. It does the job – although I found Shimano 12 speed skipped around a lot when it got muddy and it was suggested I try a Sram chain instead. Stuck an XX1 chain on and it’s far better in muddy / gritty conditions – so I wouldn’t run a Shimano chain anyway. When the Northshore chainring dies I’ve got an alloy x-sync 2 ring to go on – it’s lighter than the Northshore one.

si77

Wolftooth do exactly what you’re looking for: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/chainrings/products/direct-mount-chainrings-for-cane-creek-and-sram-cranks-for-shimano-12spd-hyperglide-chain

I’ve got the oval version and can confirm it works perfectly with 12sp hyperglide. (Looks nice too).

Not cheap, but then neither are XTR cassettes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chainring for SRAM cranks and Shimano 12 sp chain’ is closed to new replies.