• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Chainreaction Cycles – is it just me or have they slackened their postal terms?
  • hora
    Free Member

I mean, 1st class to me normally means next day.

Are they actually sending items out second class but keep the monika on their website to keep sales up?

This isn’t the first time this has happened on my orders with them- saying that it never used to be slow but over the past 6months…

I will be checking when the item I ordered on Monday before 2pm actually does turn up on our scales.

Seriously Chain reaction, you used to be really good. Are you focusing on other markets now or are you cutting costs to improve profit margins?

Jamie
    Free Member

I was wondering when this weeks CRC thread would pop up.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i think ‘Amazon’ have slacked off a little too…im still awaiting my ‘mountain bike routes book’ ordered about 5 days ago… 🙄

Dibbs
    Free Member

I get the impression they’re trying to encourage people to pay extra for next day delivery. After waiting a week for my last order I’ll be shopping elsewhere. 👿

hora
    Free Member

They can’t blame the weather now either. RM is upto speed as far as I’m concerned.

Does Amazon use RM? My new digital camera turned up the 2nd day of placing the order with Amazon (not with an agent of Amazon) last week.

tony24
    Free Member

ORdered my new bars after 2 on tuesday and they turned up this morning which I thought was great. I sometimes wonder if its more down to royal mail ?

colande
    Free Member

i ordered a pair of gloves late sunday night,
    order dispatched monday,
    received on tuesday morning,

standard (free) delivery,
    no complaints here

dazzlingboy

Wiggle not great either. Ordered some cleaner and pads on Sunday evening – still no sign.

hora
    Free Member

TBH CRC should have the line delivery 1-3 days for the free option. The delivery address is in a city centre and I don’t beleive its ‘Royal Mails fault’.

After all, CRC dispatched the item a whole day later as well apparently.

Its not the odd occassion, it was consistently quick before now its always late.

Sorry its abit of a moan but you come to expect a certain level of good service. As always theres a tipping point where the business has grown to a certain girth and then it declines in my opinion.

stumpy01

Ordered some gloves Monday night, despatched e-mail arrived on Tues, gloves arrived on Wed.

I’ve not used them for a while as they were starting to take ages just to process orders, but wasn’t in a rush for the gloves, they were at a fantastic price and they do have a good range.
    Was pleasantly surprised with how quick they arrived.

Drac

1st class does not mean next day it means 1-2 working days. However my shock pump came the next day.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yawn…

And the usual mix of “CRC are rubbish” vs “CRC sent my item within 5 minutes of me ordering”.

Deja f***ing vu.

Tiger6791

Well, in thier defence I’ve had excelent service off them last couple of orders.

Ordered a Post Mount adapter and 3m of gear cable yesterday, standard 1st class free delivery it’s in my hand now and it’s more like 3.5 m of gear cable.

Top marks CRC

Ordered some bits last week and on route the box got damaged and a pair of Sram Jockey wheels must have made a bid for freedom (£20s worth.)
    The Mrs signed for the box and made no note of the damage so I assumed I would have no comeback. I emailed CRC to explain and without any hassle a new set of Jockey Wheels was sent out next day.

Top marks CRC

loddrik
    Free Member

Ordered 3 separate 3 since Christmas, every item got here the next day.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

it’s just you. Why do you think CRC have control over ‘1st class = next day’?

timmys

I think Royal Mail are just total crap at the moment.

My last order from wiggle shipped via first class on the 13th and arrived yesterday (26th).

rondo101
    Free Member

Ordered 2 new rotors from them at 1pm yesterday and they were waiting on my desk for me this morning.

Drac

Ok in defence of Royal Mail, yeah again, I’ve ordered several parcels the last few week or as first and 2nd class all have arrived prompt. Next day or 2 days after, even Play and Amazon who aren’t very speedy normally. It seems to come down to your area and how busy they are.

bigjim

I think these threads should have an automatic ban on the OP!

hora
    Free Member

I’ll shop elsewhere from now on. Part of their USP (for me) was near enough immediate ‘in your hands’ availability as a dream-shop would.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

im now waiting 2 weeks for my order 😉 said it was dispatched the next day…???
    but i also ordered 2 other packages from the uk on the same day and time within 10 mins of all and the others came last week 3 days later.

must of told a fib when they said it was dispatched! 😉

Drac

You can’t have many places left to shop Hora, I’m sure you’ve said it about most places now and least more than once each.

Bregante

Jamie – Member
    I was wondering when this weeks CRC thread would pop up.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I know. I expected it days ago! Is it just me or have the STW weekly CRC whingers slackened THEIR postal terms!

hora
    Free Member

You can’t have many places left to shop Hora, I’m sure you’ve said it about most places now and least more than once each

The sad thing is usually its not the owner of the chain/bikeshops fault.

Its the management of the store.

For the staff’s Customer service ability/mechanics ability I’ll never slag off Evans Deansgate though.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Chainreaction Cycles – is it just me or have they slackened their postal terms?’ is closed to new replies.