Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Chainreaction beginning to fail.
  • gsp1984
    Free Member

3 weeks later and i got my refund today after quite a bit of chasing, and many ‘we’re sorry we forgot to process it’ statements.

I did manage to get the MDs email so I copied him in my email saying the credit card company were going to claw the money back themselves.

He apologised and admitted there was problems with they way they process things and it’s being looked into.

Sent me a £20 voucher… ordered a set of hope pads, and two drinks bottles. Turned up the next day 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The more people you sell too, the more errors you’ll make.

But CRC’s error rate in percentage could be less than it used to be.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, it’s two out of two now….my last two orders have taken over a week (and counting on the second order)

And they’ve lost some trousers I sent back. My other half lost the tracking receipt so that’s 60 quid down the drain.

Taff
    Free Member

I’m finding them hit and miss. Got anoyed with last two orders especially one that was sent 48hours delivery and arrived a week later, That said they did send out replacement bearing for my 3 month old wheels that were nailed which arrived pretty quickly.

Popocatapetl

I ordered an Easton haven Rear wheel 142 x 12 on the 9th March. Paid via paypal. Due in stock on the 17th March. Had to wait until last Saturday for it to arrive. Am i pleased???? oh Yesssssss. £120 cheaper than i paid for the front 20mm bolt through at the LBS. Well done CRC. However you sent me a set of Yeti Lockons last week with no clamps but i cant be bothered to send them back. swings and roundabouts!!! 👿 😀

dans160
    Free Member

ah, so you got the EH Wheel that came into stock that I ordered was told verbally by CRC that I had it and then received an email saying bugger off… and breathe.

Nevermind, I guess you ordered way before me. What are they like?

Kryton57

I’m pretty disgusted with CRC tbh.

I’ve waited 4 weeks now for a Stem which was part of my original order. Got fed up and cancelled the order this morning demanding a refund. Whats worse, is I’ve never recieved email or phone contact to inform me of the delay, and the chap on the phone didn’t even consider apologising after I’d explained the issue. They don’t appear to give a s***.

Its that latter bit that got my goat. Ordered the same Stem from Merlin instead this morning, I won’t be using CRC for anything I want quickly.

It does annoy me, becuase other than 2012, I’ve had a really good service from them in the past. :-/

relliott6879
    Free Member

I phoned up yesterday to ask about my order, as is was still showing as ‘Processing’. As somebody pointed out earlier in this thread, CRC claim to despatch orders the same day, provided the order is received before 3pm and the item is in stock. My order was placed at 4:30am and all the items were in stock, hence my querying it not having been dispatched after two full working days had elapsed. I have no problem with waiting for stuff if that is what I’m expecting to do, but if someone claims to do same-day dispatch then I feel they should stick to it.

The guy I spoke to checked my order told me it was all fine and the items were all in stock, so would be in the list to be picked and could potentially be picked and dispatched ‘any time now’. He made the point that CRC had received 50,000 orders that day so I would be somewhere in the list of 50,000. I pointed out that my order was from the day before and asked if the order was, realistically, likely to be dispatched either that day or soon after, he replied that he had no idea and it would get dispatched when it got dispatched.

Not the most helpful customer service ever, but at least the guy was honest and I’m betting he has to deal with tens – if not hundreds – of similar calls each day.

I checked the site again this morning and my order is now showing as dispatched. All in all, my stuff has been dispatched within 3 days of ordering and should be with me comfortably within a week of ordering, I don’t think that can really be grumbled at.

globalti
    Free Member

I don’t suppose anybody has considered the possibility that CRC are actually being let down by THEIR suppliers? There are serious shortages of all kinds of raw materials at the moment and manufacturers are having to beg steal and borrow to meet production deadlines.

We have just hired a warehouse and filled it with chemicals as a buffer in uncertain times.

hora
    Free Member

We have just hired a warehouse and filled it with chemicals as a buffer in uncertain times.

You’ve opened a nightclub?

MarkN
    Free Member

Not often you get a good news story but on balance. My most recent order was placed on a Wednesday and delivered on Saturday. Seems fair enough to me at the moment.

theflatboy
    Free Member

having just had another order received very quickly and efficiently, i feel duty-bound to add my positive experience. several orders over the past few months, all boringly problem-free start to finish.

julianwilson
    Free Member

globalti – Member

I don’t suppose anybody has considered the possibility that CRC are actually being let down by THEIR suppliers? There are serious shortages of all kinds of raw materials at the moment and manufacturers are having to beg steal and borrow to meet production deadlines.

CRC have traditionally had very good real-time stock info. Only time I remember it going awry was in the flood sale when bargains sold out within minutes of being put up on the site and folk were disappointed to be told later that they had indeed sold out.

I hope I am not being naive in assuming that people here are complaining about delays of products that were listed as in stock when they ordered them.

I suspect the logistics of order picking must get much much harder when you get so big that your warehouses are on more than one site though. Some larger companies would seem to deal with this by sending things held in more than one warehouse in more than one parcel on more than one day, regardless of what they do or don’t charge for postage.

(FWIW, in many years and dozens of orders of varying sizes, CRC was always same or next working day for me, including custom-built wheels, apart from the last two orders in last couple of months which were four days to dispatch, and seven days so far on current one….)

relliott6879
    Free Member

Order placed on Monday, dispatched on Wednesday, received on Thursday. That’ll do for me.

butcher

Been disappointed the last few times I’ve ordered from CRC tbh. On occasion the stock status has influenced my product choice on the basis that they are sent out the same day (as stated by CRC). And despite showing as in stock, my last few orders have taken 2 or 3 days (at least) to be dispatched.

It’s not a crime. It’s not even a really big deal. But most other stores I’ve ordered from have provided a better service. Don’t really care much for the reasons behind it. And I doubt CRC will care much in losing my custom. But for the sake of my own convenience I will likely be ordering elsewhere next time. Even somewhere that doesn’t claim to dispatch the same day….at least you know where you’re at.

s13joe
    Free Member

I have found that delivery times have reduced but thats not the problem.
    what fustrates me is the “processing” comment on in stock items which takes a phone call for them to “hurry the order up”
    I have not been impressed with something I have returned as faulty which is another matter all together!
    Merlin and UK bike store all the way, small enough to care!

relliott6879
    Free Member

s13joeMember

what fustrates me is the “processing” comment on in stock items which takes a phone call for them to “hurry the order up”

Fair comment.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Chainreaction beginning to fail.’ is closed to new replies.