Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Chainreaction beginning to fail.
  • brad93
    Free Member

I ordered some items from them and it took like two weeks and I still don’t have anything but I emailed them and they said they would refund the item that went out of stock and also gave me an e voucher because of the long wait. So I’m not really too fussed about it, they have given me a voucher and have sent it now so can’t really complain about the service.
    Also I think because of the easter holidays when they were closed for a few days might have had something to do with it.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Ordered stuff last Thursday 1pm. Paid for next day delivery. My order didn’t arrive until today.

No replies to emails. Phone lines shut at 3pm on Friday and couldn’t get through on Monday/Tuesday.

I won’t be using them again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

been ok with me but nothing spectacular- surely we just go based on price and you loose some customer service at these price points?

MrSparkle

4 days to process an order for 2 packs of rotor screws. ordered on 10th, arrived on 18th and in a box the size of a rainforest. Not impressed. Merlin for this kid, as first choice.

ransos
    Free Member

From my last order, one item wasn’t delivered, and another still hasn’t turned up, 3 weeks after it was supposed to be back in stock.

StirlingCrispin

Same story as the OP…. “order processing” for almost a week after ordering.

Ordered last Tuesday lunchtime (everything in stock). I emailed after 6 days to query what was meant by “order processing” (Monday this week) and the order was dispatched that aftrenoon. Arrived the next day (Tuesday morning) and then today (Wednesday) I get a response stating,
    “We are sorry to hear that your order has not arrived yet– we know how much of an inconvenience this can be. Royal Mail 1st Class is a very reliable service but delays can occur.”
    Considering the delay was entirely with CRC I am not impressed.

webradders
    Free Member

I think we should develop a CRC feedback forum, thoughts please?

nixie

Just an update from my post. All rectified now. Item was out of stock, now removed and order released. Got a discount voucher for hassle so I’m not complaining.

webradders
    Free Member

The discount voucher just means your enticed to return for more shit service.

philfive
    Free Member

that small pick mezzanine looks like a nightmare 😀

sobriety
    Free Member

I think a lot of it is down to stock control in the warehouse, you can order something that is shown as ‘in stock’ but when the picker goes to get it, it isn’t where it should be.

At this point your order becomes stuck in a processing limbo until:

1. They find it and get it sent.
    2. They don’t find it and the item goes to out of stock.
    3. You properly chase them to get it sorted (at which point either 1 or 2 happens)

It’s a shame, they used to be really good with their stock control, but something seems to have gone awry recently.

stcolin
    Free Member

Don’t know what the problem is, I just drive up to the store and collect my bits 😉

*smug face*

loddrik
    Free Member

Just had my order delivered after ordering yesterday morning, ordered hundreds of things off them over the years and don’t think I’ve ever waited over 2 business days for anything off them.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Top service IMO. BTW the bits I ordered yesterday with the 20% discount have already been dispatched…

mrdestructo

Interestingly, I have gone in my Paypal account and checked my transaction history and the money apparently went through to them on the date of my order, not 7-8 days later when they decided to list on their system as dispatched. That does furrow the brow somewhat.

scaredypants

As an aside – If I pay via paypal (whilst logged into my CRC account) there is no record of the purchase on the CRC “orders” section
    Does that happen for everyone ?

rocketman
    Free Member

If you log in to CRC using your Paypal email and select ‘forgot password’ you will receive a random password that can be used to access your Paypal orders.

I always use Paypal meself but go through the whole ordering process and choose ‘Pay by Paypal’ right at the end.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Been waiting for over a week for a saddle. Contacted CRC who said they were waiting for someone to get it from another warehouse??? But it’s very cheap and I can’t find another nearer the price so I am gonna have to wait 🙁

Euro
    Free Member

I decided to swap forks between two of my bikes this afternoon. Needed a new crown race (for an FSA pig headset) and a 180mm post/IS brake adapter. 10 minute drive to CRC and I got what I needed quickly and cheaply and was given a free multitool. They even removed all the the forks from the shop floor so I wouldn’t be tempted to buy some 😀 . For an LBS it’s hard to beat.

sambob
    Free Member

My Dad ordered an SLX rear mech almost 3 weeks ago, still not turned up…

iDave
    Free Member

My tiny hope hub part was ‘despatched’ last Friday. I now assume this means they shot it.

Kryton57

Been waiting for over a week for a saddle. Contacted CRC who said they were waiting for someone to get it from another warehouse???

Thats about the 4th time that excuse has appeared, just in this thread.

An update on my situation since this morning is: there’s no update. Still time for my gear to be sent vis the postie I s’pose….

Kryton57

P.S. I imagine we’re all in the same boat – they took the money quick enough no?

Maybe we should all ask for the interest on our cash to be “refunded” to us.

bonj
    Free Member

i’ve ordered things before and the order’s just got lost – it’s as if I didn’t place it at all. No confirmation email, no money taken, nothing.

pointless bothering even looking.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I thought about ordering a new saddle, then decided not to, but crc read my mind, came around to my house personally, the day BEFORE I thought about the saddle, and fitted it on my bike, whilst also caressing my thighs and buttocks, to ready them for the saddle. They also gave me a £1000 voucher and wiped my brow with a fig leaf soaked in lavender oil and threw in a free set of solid gold project two forks.

I’ll certainly be using them again.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Was that CRC or the local brothel 😯

daveb
    Free Member

I have been waiting over two weeks for a refund. Contacted them a few times and each time “it will be processed within 24 hours”. Will try again I guess….

Underhill
    Free Member

I thought I’d spread the love when it came to building my new frame up so phoned the local Spesh dealer to sort out getting an e-type mech. He didn’t know what I was on about so phoned Specialized to get details. Placed the order with him on the 5th of April with the promise that it would be in within a week.

Still no word from him, if there’s nothing with me by Friday I’m heading down the road to CRC to get the part there & then. If the LBS can’t be arsed to get parts in for a customer who said he wanted to buy from them, then I’ll go to the big company that’s happy to serve me.

fd3chris
    Free Member

ordered stuff sunday afternoon, still processing, not impressed as normally they are superb !!

faz083
    Free Member

god above stop with the CRC hate threads. I order from them, they dispatch next working day, and I usually have the bits the day after that. If you aren’t so lucky, just deal with it, and please stop trying to dissuade us from purchasing from them.

damo2576
    Free Member

MASSIVE ON LINE RETAILER IN SOME ORDERS ARE DELAYED SHOCK!

bongo136
    Free Member

I’ve found that they’re not as good as they used to be.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My OH ordered some gloves, they arrived next day, her ma ordered her some shots, day after arrival..

Kryton57

Well, my order, only 2 weeks late was dispatched Friday, without the Stem I wanted. An explanatory email and credit has been applied.

So, I ordered a replacement stem at 10.30 this morning. By 3.30, I have received an email telling me its been dispatched!

weird.

Kryton57

Kryton57 – Member
    Well, my order, only 2 weeks late was dispatched Friday, without the Stem I wanted. An explanatory email and credit has been applied.

So, I ordered a replacement stem at 10.30 this morning. By 3.30, I have received an email telling me its been dispatched!

I take it all back. The Stem I’ve ordered, which was a replacement for the one that never arrived, has reverting to “processing” since ordering on Monday.

Thats now 3 1/2 weeks waiting for a / any Stem to be delivered….. 😥

binners

Maybe CRC could start being post modern, knowing and ironic with their advertising. Like Viz used to do when it started putting on the cover:

Viz – officially not as funny as it used to be!

CRC – officially not as reliable as they used to be!

joao3v16
    Free Member

What?

Sometimes we have to wait for something a bit longer than we’d like?

Well, Boo, and indeed, Hoo

#firstworldproblems

rickon
    Free Member

Hashtags? on a forum post? Well I never.

I recently had a delivery arrive well over a week after ordering – it’s all relative, Merlin stuff arrives almost next day, UKbikestore is 1-2 days, Rose is 4 days – and that’s Europe!

CRCs USP was huge product selection, coupled with low prices and free next day delivery. Now Rose are cheaper and deliver faster, but with a smaller product catalogue.

smell_it
    Free Member

Hope light ordered past midnight Wednesday, dispatch email yesterday, light arrived today. They have never skipped a beat for me in years. Merlin, high on bikes and wiggle the same. UKbikestore, ribble, px and probikekit have been minor delays but i’d shop at all again. Rose bike and actionsports have been great from europe. All better than any lbs i’ve been in.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

not used CRC for a long time, but yesterday lunchtime I ordered a stack of things (shorts, gloves, socks, parts etc.)

and they turned up at 9:30am!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Chainreaction beginning to fail.’ is closed to new replies.