Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chain tools- recommend me a decent one.
  • johnnymarone
    Free Member

Needing to split my 9 speed chain, looked for my years old, super trusty Park CT5, and ..it’s gone.
    Looks like this tool is sold out pretty much everywhere, so can anyone suggest a decent chain tool which wont snap or strip the drive thread? Would be handy if said tools were in stock and sub £20.
    Cheers!

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi, looks like spa cycles . Co .UK have them in stock. £16 Inc delivery. Never dealt with them. But like you it’s what I’m looking for.

bikerevivesheffield

Unior here in the workshop
    Great quality

mcnultycop

I got a £30 tool kit from Planet X a million years ago and the chain splitter from that has been sound.

jkomo

Same as MC cheapo one been fine.
    Superstar do nice looking ones as I remember, although I’ve not used.

nickjb
    Free Member

This Topeak one is my favourite. Really smooth in use. Had mine many years.

https://www.merlincycles.com/topeak-universal-chain-tool-44496.html

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Got a Topeak one too. Not sure if it’s ‘decent’ or not but functional and for the off time in need to use it it does what it says on the tin. If I were a pro mechanic using a chain breaker many times every day I’d get one with a chunkier handle.

tagnut69
    Free Member

I have not had good luck with the unior hobby one, both had the anvil snap off, replaced with the park pro one

lunge

Park CT 3 or 4, and Spa Cycles are awesome so you’ll be fine to order from there. The Shimano CN28 is good too.
    There’s few tool as satisfying to use as a good, workshop standard chain tool, particularly if you’ve been using a smaller one.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

Just ordered a Park CT5 from Spa cycles.
    Cheers all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chain tools- recommend me a decent one.’ is closed to new replies.