Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chain Reaction warranty turn around times > reverb failure
  • whiter74
    Free Member

So what experience has anyone had with CRC and fisher warranty fix times? just want to get a feel for timescales

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe call them to ask? I’m sure they’ll give you a feel for timescales.

batman11
    Free Member

Unsure regards crc but I would have thought it best to send straight back to fishers with a copy of your receipt etc. buddy of mine did this and it was back within a week but that was in feb so quiter time of year.
    Good luck.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

my reverb was returned in about 10 days last month. gone back again yesterday as seals have gone again. 🙁

euain

Mine arrived back with CRC on Monday – not heard a peep from them yet (even to acknowledge receipt) but I’ll give them a day or two more before trying to call up. 10 days sounds better than I was fearing it might be so fingers crossed.

Skeetsgb – did they send you a new one or repair the original?

dmw536
    Free Member

Mine took just over two weeks for a replacement after seals went… arrived the day after I left for the mega! Damn. Shiney new one now though, fingers crossed it lasts longer.

bails

When people say the seals have gone, are they getting 5-10mm of sag when sitting on the saddle?

skeetsgb
    Free Member

euain:

they repaired the old one. saying old, i only got it in april. they replaced several seals/orings as stated on the paper work what came back.
    i think i did 3 rides and it lost all pressure again. Im hoping there going to send a new one this time round.

bails: no sag at all on mine. just when sat down on it, all air pressure lost and when trying to add more just comes out as fast as your putting in.

euain

Oh well.. I was looking forward to a nice shiny new one. Still I’ll be happy enough to have a working one. Didn’t realise how much I liked having it until it was broken. Fingers crossed they fix mine properly though…

I’ll keep a spare post in my toolbox in the car next time (mine failed on Friday evening at start or weekend at Glentress/Inners so I ended up having to do a mad dash to 3 or 4 different bike shops to get a new seat post).

bails: no sag at all on mine. just when sat down on it, all air pressure lost and when trying to add more just comes out as fast as your putting in.

Exactly the same as mine. Seat stays at lowest setting. Pumping with my shock pump or normal pump and the air just comes out as fast as it goes in. Was working faultlessly up until this point.

dibboid
    Free Member

robarnold
    Free Member

bails – Member
    When people say the seals have gone, are they getting 5-10mm of sag when sitting on the saddle?

I’ve had three different ones do this since the original purchase in April. All replaced under warranty but if I get another one do it I’ll be giving up and flogging it when replaced the next time

skeetsgb
    Free Member

I’ll keep a spare post in my toolbox in the car next time (mine failed on Friday evening at start or weekend at Glentress/Inners so I ended up having to do a mad dash to 3 or 4 different bike shops to get a new seat post)

thats what the travel limiter is used for what comes with it (unless you bought a oem). if the reverb fails when your out, throw the limit on and off you go, just makes the reverb into a normal seatpost.

and i no what you mean about getting used to it. i need it as much as i need my wheels now lol.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction warranty turn around times > reverb failure’ is closed to new replies.