Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Chain reaction problems
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

Where do I stand?

Ordered a bike from crc.
    By the time they built it and sent it, I was going to be out of the country. Called them to ask not to send it or cancel it. Was told I couldn’t cancel but the still couldn’t tell me when it would arrive.
    Bike arrived while I was away and sat in the hall way outside my flat for two days. Although I was told it wouldn’t be left if I wasn’t there to sign for it.
    Unhappy with the pissing about I tried to return the bike.
    Take a day off from work. (Self employed) the courier didn’t turn up. Rearranged for them to pick up again. Another day off, still the courier didn’t show up.
    Called crc they say that to get the bike collected I will have to have another day off.
    Obviously not happy about this. I think they should pay for an evening pick up. But their courier doesn’t offer the service. Asked them to use someone else who does. The answer was no.

Am I being unreasonable expecting them to pick the bike up when convenient for me? They’ve already cost me two days wages.

Next day off will be between Christmas and new year.

Cheers

jaylittle
    Free Member

A full bike could be different but when I have returned goods in the past I have had the option of leaving them at a local collection point.

tomhoward

Am I being unreasonable expecting them to pick the bike up when convenient for me? They’ve already cost me two days wages.

IMO yes, the bike isn’t faulty, and wasn’t sent to you in error. How much would it cost to pay to send it yourself? More or less than a days wages?

joemmo
    Free Member

you can post a boxed bike for around £35 from a post office IIRC. Seems a more cost effective option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Where do I stand?

Ordered a bike from crc.
    By the time they built it and sent it, I was going to be out of the country. Called them to ask not to send it or cancel it. Was told I couldn’t cancel but the still couldn’t tell me when it would arrive.

Probably important to know if this was in the quoted timescales when you ordered it, the simple answer is to accept it and pay to return it and try and claim that back – how much you should expect is probably related to the details of the order and you trying to cancel it.

Poopscoop

Is it a principle thing mate? I mean you don’t want it anymore over being messed about, have you already bought an alternative perhaps?

If you still want the bike I would be inclined to keep it and move on.

As you have lost 2 days work over it though, in guessing you really don’t want it now?

TheGingerOne

You do seem to be making things hard for yourself. Buying a bike when you knew it might possibly not arrive before going away and then going through the hassle of returning it just because you are annoyed it arrived when you were away. Given it wasn’t damaged and clearly didn’t go missing, returning it because you are annoyed with them is a bit weird. It’s also not CRC’s fault that the courier left it even if they did appoint the courier.

Given you are self employed, surely you can appreciate how annoying it is when a customer changes their mind when you have spent time and money on their order? Just because it’s a big company, doesn’t make it okay in my book.

Just my opinion.

ogden
    Free Member

Am I being unreasonable

Yes.

davewalsh
    Free Member

So you’re throwing the teddies out of the pram because they left the bike in a hallway for a few days while you were away. Sounds like a classic case of buyers remorse to me. Did you really want it in the first place?

pastcaring
    Free Member

Yes it’s a principal thing. They could of sent it later or cancelled.
    Was just trying to give the full story.
    Unfortunately bike is sent in a massive box, not a normal bike box. Otherwise I’d of sent it myself.
    As soon as I get my money back from crc I’ll be buying another bike.
    Thanks for your opinions

otsdr
    Free Member

Yes, you are being unreasonable.

dhrider
    Free Member

Sounds like buyers remorse and you’re now trying to blame someone else.

I know if I wanted a new bike and there was one I wanted sitting in my house I’d be using it, not trying to send it back for no valid reason.

hardtailonly

Sounds like buyers remorse and you’re now trying to blame someone else.

I know if I wanted a new bike and there was one I wanted sitting in my house I’d be using it, not trying to send it back for no valid reason

^^^ This.

FFS OP 🙄

Or next time, buy your bike from a LBS. Then when it’s ready, you can collect it at a time to suit you, not when you’re away.

nickdavies

I’m with OP, and I’m a retailer. Doesn’t matter for what reason it’s being returned from what they’ve put seems like a CRC cock up to me. If they offer returns, and a collection service make it a decent one. Buyers remorse is allowed…

If id have been asked to delay an item, id have delayed it not made it difficult. If I’d agreed to a return collection and our courier had cocked about I’d not expect a customer to suffer because of it. Saying no to returns or paid postage is one thing if that’s how you want to play it, but if you agree to something stick to it. So no, not unreasonable after 2 attempts, though I would imagine the OP hasn’t just taken 2 days off self employed work just to do this.

A return like that is going to cost time and money, nothing you can do about it so you may as well make the best of a bad job and keep the customer happy with the level of service and make it back next time.

pastcaring
    Free Member

The only thing I’m blaming crc for is not turning up twice.

I don’t get **** about by anyone.
    Same as a supplier at work. If they failed to turn up twice and cost two days money they wouldn’t be used again.
    I don’t think it’s reasonable to wait around twice for nine hours, loose two days money and be asked to do it a third time because crc can’t use a courier that turns up when they say they will.

timbog160

Not sure – I mean CRC is by definition a distance seller so they should have this sorted. I would just tell them to collect it when you are next at home I think. Even if it were simply a case of buyers remorse what is wrong with that? The bike is still in the box so why not just return it – distance sellers can’t have it both ways…

muggomagic

I can understand why you’d be annoyed having wasted a couple of days for nothing.

If the bike is still the sort of bike you are after then maybe you could come to some arrangement with CRC where they give you some money off the bike as compensation for wasting 2 days.
    Just out of interest, what bike did you buy from them and what will you buy if/when you eventually return it?

nickfrog
    Free Member

I think the OP has far more serious issues than the one he has shared here.

marksnook
    Free Member

The only thing I’m blaming crc for is not turning up twice.

Ooh you can feel the anger! Proper big man!
    Have you thought about it from anyone else’s point of view but your own? Maybe the courier got stuck in traffic because of an accident, maybe someone in his family or himself might was ill (maybe he is a she for balance). Maybe someone died. Maybe thier work load is so ridiculous they couldn’t find time to get to you. Maybe someone in the office messed up, people make mistakes.
    I’m self employed and while I sympathise with your situation of missing out on work I think you are being a bit harsh being you ordered something in the first place then got pissed because they left it in a convenient place rather than you having to go to the depot to collect or pay for another delivery.
    Are you actually going to deny yourself of something you clearly wanted just because bike was in a hallway? That’s so stupid it’s unreal

simondbarnes

Am I being unreasonable

Yup. You sound like a 6 year old throwing a tantrum.

legend
    Free Member

Yup. You sound like a 6 year old Trump throwing a tantrum.

bukobuko
    Free Member

Keep it and use it? is that why you bought it in the first place.

nealglover
    Free Member

CRC and their courier company beg to differ 👍

Seriously though, you are sending the bike back because you’ve changed your mind.
    If you had just said that in the OP then you wouldn’t be getting quite as much negative feedback.

Trying to blame it on something else is pretty weak.

They delivered the bike you paid for. What’s to be unhappy about 😂

BoardinBob

Are you Ronnie Pickering?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Chain reaction problems’ is closed to new replies.