• This topic has 66 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Chain Reaction Cycles – Just not the same any more.
  • franksinatra

CRC used to be the bastion of reliable delivery. Need something for the weekend? – no problem, just order it on Thursday and it will probably arrive on Friday.

Seems those days have passed. Ordered 9am on Monday morning. Two items, both in stock. Looked forward to them arriving mid week, pleasant evening to be spent fettling in the garage, enjoy new purchases on Saturday’s ride. That was the plan, unfortunately my order is still processing now. Not even dispatched 4 days after ordering.

And it is not he first time…..

I miss the olden days.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

ain’t life a c**t

nmdbase
    Free Member

Bank holiday wasn’t it, I order stuff Saturday and it isn’t here yet, am I on the ‘net whining like a bitch?…..no.

CraigW
    Free Member

They sent me an email apologising for the delay with my “resent order”.

franksinatra

Whining like a bitch? That seems a little strong.

Forgot about bank holiday though so will give them credit for that.
    Should still be processed by now though

chvck
    Free Member

If it helps the stuff that I ordered came through within a couple of days from ordering.

loum
    Free Member

Ordered Monday, arrived today.
    TBH, they’ve never delivered next day for me.
    Earliest has been 2 days, which I put down to the stuff crossing the sea, so that’s still good service.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Sorry Frank, you are right. How about moaning like a old man?

breadcrumb

They sent me an email apologising for the delay with my “resent order”.

I got this too. I blame the bank holiday and the mega sale. It would of been nice to get my stuff before the weekend but hey ho, life goes on.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

They still seem pretty good to me.

Bregante

Ordered Sunday night during the 15% every 24 hr sale. Arrived Tuesday. Proper bargains too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Really chuffed with my sale bargains.

Crc are better than they’ve been for years IMO.

But I suspect you’re trolling anyway.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Did you choose 1st class delivery?

grum
    Free Member

#firstworldproblems

Tis true though, def slower than they used to be. Oh well.

Bregante

Standard delivery here

Oh and sorry to disappoint but I don’t think it was a bank holiday in Ireland….

creamegg
    Free Member

Standard delivery takes 3-4 days, never been any faster or slower. If I need something in a hurry that I can’t get at lbs I’ll get the next day delivery option

matty456
    Free Member

Yep good for the sale stuff. I expected my order to be here for Wednesday, ordered on Sunday. Just read CRC delivery options and it does say “if ordered Tuesday will be delivered Friday”. I do remember getting stuff quicker before though!

nmdbase
    Free Member

I must admit mine usually comes the next day or at the worst the following day, all good.

julianwilson
    Free Member

On the other hand, their returns system is waaaaay better now.

I filled out the form that came in the package, stuck the self-adhesive label back on it and dropped it off at my local Londis on friday (collect+ and no need to pay postage and claim that back from them): despite the bank holiday the money is back in my paypal account today.

cp

I ordered tuesday, arrived today, standard delivery. no despatch email yet though!

mjsmke

I ordered something Tuesday evening and it arrived this morning – free delivery.

matty456
    Free Member

Must be me then! Need order before weekend. Fingers crossed.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

All my stuff has turned up 😀
    Haa ha.

tomhoward
    kimbers

yeah they have just had a massive sale on, i expect the stuff i ordered to come later than normal, turned up today in the end 🙂

and their returns system is now officially awesome

timrobinson229
    Free Member

ordered sunday… dispatched today….

stevede
    Free Member

Surprised with this one as my last half a dozen orders have been delivered within a couple of days. Thought they had begun a return to form. New returns system is quality too. Big retailer with a massive sale on is going to result in delays to some extent due to large volume of orders to process. On a positive note, nice to see they’ve stopped sending small items out in large boxes now, my last few small items have arrived in small jiffy bags that actually fit through the letterbox.

PrinceJohn

If you want something instantly – go to a shop, if you want to play Royal Mail Roulette, order inline..

cp

oh, and my chainring turned up in a jiffy bag rather than a huge box.

seavers
    Free Member

Been great for me recently, despite getting my order mixed up with someone else and sending me something totally random. One call and it was sorted out, delivered right item the next day! I was happy.

It’s buying online innit! Sometimes it takes a bit longer. Maybe they had a lot of orders to get out from the long weekend?

Pieface

The idents for the cycle show suggest that they’re too busy riding their bikes

rj2dj
    Free Member

I carefully selected just one item to buy in the sale, only to be emailed on Tuesday to say that they’d made a mistake and it was now out of stock – bit of a shame to have a fancy-pants computer telling you whether something is in stock or not, but sort of feel like they should have paid for the upgrade to have the info. displayed in real time.

Nevertheless, they are still often the cheapest and quickest. Bizarrely the last time I bought something (a chain) it was cheaper off Amazon..

OCB
    Free Member

I went back to using my LBS a while ago, but there is still the occasional thing they can’t get, so online it is …

I’ve got an order in that’s dragging a bit, but there you go, I did have a thought that CRC might be doubting my taste, and were hanging on to the order for a few days in case I changed my mind / came to my senses ?

On the other hand, I ordered some stuff minutes later from VeloSolo, and I think they must have driven my order down personally overnight and hand delivered it, it was so quick.

I’ve been constantly, very impressed by the service I’ve had from them, and they carry a very useful range of stuff that’s otherwise a PITA to find.

😛

palliative.stare
    Free Member

I order from crc, they deliver within 48 hours, sometimes the next day. Been like that for years, and still are, i love them.

coogan
    Free Member

Everything I order for CRC usually turns up the next day. So they are still fine by me. Just saying like.

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve used them more than any other online shop, probably an order every other month. Not anymore, ordered stuff on Tuesday first thing and paid for next day delivery. Still no sign of it, order says “processing”. No contact number on the website, only email which gets replied to after a few days. I also had a very underwhelming warranty response from them on a wheel last month. I had to chase them every week to get it resolved (5 weeks in the end). So after my last two experiences I’ll look elsewhere.

mrhoppy

I made 2 orders on Tuesday for items in stock (teach me to be too quick on the buy) the one I ordered 2nd arrived next day no sign of the other, random. My group set from Ribble hasn’t been dispatched either.

Kryton57

I ordered from Wiggle on Saturday, and despite the bank holiday my items arrived Tuesday using the free postage option. They were also in a box which seemed made to measure with no excess packaging.

CRC used to be my go to ‘net LBS….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Boo and indeed hoo.

grum
    Free Member

I still haven’t got my stuff ordered last Friday in the sale BTW. It was dirt cheap though and I don’t need it in a hurry so never mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Cycles – Just not the same any more.’ is closed to new replies.