Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chain reaction cycles.. am I being reasonable asking for a refund?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Ordered something last week, next day delivery. It never arrived, and now it appears it has been sent back to crc without ever having been attempted to be delivered.

Fair enough I thought, but as it was a gift for a mate this week I’ve asked for either a refund so I can buy it elsewhere, or they send me another out asap. Their fairly rude customer services guy said I had to wait 5 days for them to investigate with their courier.

Not sure that’s really on tbh. What do you reckon?

Ps..email to chief exec always a back up option if anyone has his contact details..😉

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Distance selling regs. You can send it back for a refund.

Buy it elsewhere, then if it appears later from crc just send back for a refund.

hols2
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of things not delivered and returned to depot. They automatically cancelled the charge. They aren’t going to charge you for something they didn’t supply.

nealglover
    Free Member

If they have got it back, can’t see what there is to investigate.
    If they haven’t got it back, I can see why they are reluctant to refund.

jaminb
    Free Member

I just ordered another lever whilst they investigated the first order. As it turns out both were RH levers described as LH so both were returned FOC with drop off at ASDA

tjagain

How did you pay? Reverse the payment for item not delivered?

Or just buy another and if the original turns up return under distance sell regs. do everything in writing not by phone

philstone

Not an SLX M7100 lever by any chance?

Kahurangi

Wait 5 days and try again. The part isn’t missing, it’s not been nicked, you’ll get your money back even if they insist on delivering again and you just have to return it.

singletrackmind

Bit of inside info.
    I went for a trial shift at wiggle doing the customer enquiries and complaints.
    There are thousands a week across all platforms and the poor guy has to deal with each one in about 1 min average.
    They didn’t take me on as I can’t type fast enough.
    The customer services and returns are in different counties, but all complaints should have a unique 10 digit identifier in all correspondence.
    He’s come back with a response baying waiting for the return to be checked in etc, that’s prob on a template on a drop down, so cut and paste, click, click, send and go to next.
    It will be fine eventually, the Cs guys are as frustrated at courier ineptitude as the end user, trust me.

guandax
    Free Member

Ordered something next day by noon delivery. They despatched via Parcel force who claimed they attempted delivery at 11:59, but never carded me. I’m certain they never even got to my house.

Chain Reaction refunded the cost of the expedited delivery when I pushed them. Initially they said it wasn’t their fault and I should talk to the courier. When I insisted that they contracted Parcel force, not me so it’s their problem, they relented.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chain reaction cycles.. am I being reasonable asking for a refund?’ is closed to new replies.