Chain guide for 1×10

Home Forum Bike Forum Chain guide for 1×10

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chain guide for 1×10
  • kevster

Hi all,

I’m moving from a double and bash set up with a road cassette at the back to 1 x 10. I will therefore require a chain guide of some sort. I have never ran one before as I never had any chains drop off with just a front mech. I was therefore thinking that some like the E13 XCX may be the answer. Obviously a full chain guide would be more secure but I’m struggling to justify circa £100 for something that I may not require.

What are other peoples thoughts and experiences?

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

What bike? Does it have iscg tabs?
    Huge amount of previous threads on this.
    I use 1×9 and use a blackspire dsx device. Works great. Giant reign.

kevster

It will be on my lt hardtail.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I use a Superstar top guide, with a bodged seat tube mount. Never dropped the chain, seems spot on to me!

gingerss

Superstar do one for £17. Only had it one for a couple of rides but it seems to do the job and doesn’t require iscg mounts.

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=362

messiah

Unless your rad to the max gnar on a hardtail the Superstar is all you need.

kevster

Njee, gingerss and messiah what bikes do you run?

messiah

Mmmbop, and I am rad to the max gnar :mrgreen:

I run an old Forge thing which is like the superstar. With a non ramped single speed type chainring I’ve never lost the chain.

kevster

It seems to me that it will be ok. Guess it worth trying to start off with?!

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Trek Top Fuel.

dirk_pumpa

MRP.. no contest

munrobiker

I have the e13 ones on all my bikes apart from my Anthem which has a pressfit BB so I have to use the superstar one. Just sold a Superstar BB one too- they’re not a patch on the e13. Noisy, drop the chain more and the bolts all seem to come loose. A genuinely substandard product, and I think even though the e13 is £20 more it does it’s job, while the superstar doesn’t. So it’s better value.

Run mine on a Giant Anthem, Evil Sovereign and Ellsworth. Have friends running the e13 and MRP on Fives, Commencal Metas and more. Another mate runs the superstar on a Remedy and you can hear him coming a mile off.

gee

MRP 1.X here on 3 bikes. Had them for a little over a year now. Really good – chain just won’t come off.

Second the comments on the Superstar ones falling apart – the tiny grub screws that hold them together just don’t work.

GB

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chain guide for 1×10’ is closed to new replies.