Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Certificationtrack world
  • mattyfez

Hello all,

After a bit of advice if possible, I’m trying to pick a training course currently work in a service management role but in a very project IT driven company, so I wear many hats.

Currently have ITIL and Prince2, but thought I should do something a bit more modern, probably something Agile-ish but the choice is a bit bewildering, currently considering:

Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster
    Agile Foundation & Practitioner
    Certified Agile Service Manager
    DevOps Practitioner

Prince2-Agile

But unsure of what path relly, and what offers most value, any advice? Thanks

Stupid.is
    Free Member

If your looking to go down the Aglie route it might be worth finding out which setup they are/will be going to use. If your already a Prince2 shop then Prince2_Aglie is likely to be the favourite with those that have a say in these things. That said if your from an ITIL background then some around DevOps might not be a bad shout again if you think the either the company is likely to take that path or your looking to move on and take that path elsewhere.

If your company if looking to go Public Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) then a maybe something down that route might be useful to help give you a high level technical understanding that will effect how Service Management is done.

mattyfez

Thanks, Agile is the current framework we use, so was wondering about the Prince2 Agile cert, but wwas also thinking it might be better to just get a pure agile cert seeing as I already have prince2.

oldtennisshoes

Agile isn’t a framework – you can use agile approaches, but Agile Isn’t an entity in itself.

Prince2 Agile is a contradiction in terms, and I’d never recommend that path. I was a PRINCE2 Practitioner qualified PM 15 years ago and I now only work in agile environments.

It sounds like an introduction to agile/foundation type course might be the best place to start.

FuzzyWuzzy

If I hear one more PM talk to me about a Sprint when he just means there’s a lot of work to fit in before the next milestone I’ll scream.

scuttler

If you become the Certified Scrummaster be sure to get the uniform and vocabulary to match. Your ITIL-Prince-wear will not suffice.

oldtennisshoes

If I hear one more PM talk to me about a Sprint when he just means there’s a lot of work to fit in before the next milestone I’ll scream

So much wrong in one sentence it’s hard to know where to start 😉

barkm
    Free Member

I did the Prince 2-Agile course last year, it felt like a knee jerk/fudge to arrest the decline in popularity of prince 2 in favour of agile by somehow merging the benefits of both, but it massively misses the point of agile. But I’ve never been a fan of prince2, despite being a ‘practitioner’ for years so my opinion is perhaps biased.

My advice is do an actual agile course.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Certificationtrack world’ is closed to new replies.