• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by DezB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Certificate error on STW
  • Premier Icon DezB

Can’t access site through work, comes up with a certificate expired or invalid error. Anyone else get that? Should I report to techies?

Premier Icon weeksy

Usually when the post you’re in has a non https link within it.

Should be OK on most threads.

Premier Icon molgrips

I haven’t seen one. So maybe yeah.

If you click on ‘show details’ it should give you some clues.

Premier Icon scuttler

Likely a work proxy or other network security device or mechanism that’s breaking and re-establishing the connection. The real STW certificate is issued by ‘Sectigo’ so anything else and it’s your PC not trusting the network security device. OR the people who manage your work PC have elected not to trust Sectigo.

Premier Icon DezB

cheers, emailed tech. Can’t get to any area of the site.
    Using ipad now

Premier Icon DezB

Site is blocked by the firewall. Probably this Sectigo cert. Only been like it since this morning, although sometimes it takes a few refreshes to see the site content. Only other site I’ve seen similar issue is Soundcloud

Premier Icon molgrips

Only been like it since this morning, although sometimes it takes a few refreshes to see the site content.

That’s weird. Normally that’s a config error and we should all be seeing it.

When you get the error, click on the padlock then click details, what does it say?

But if you are seeing cert errors that is not the same as being blacklisted. Are you saying that this morning it was a cert error and now you are blocked?

Premier Icon orangespyderman

Sounds like they’re doing SSL interception.. Get the site white listed so they don’t intercept the certificate as it’s business critical 🙂

Premier Icon DezB

Hmm, not sure how that’d work out for me 😁

Premier Icon Cougar

Usually with a cert error the browser will give you some sort of option to proceed anyway, probably buried at the bottom of the error page in 3-point Flyspeck with a “beware of the leopard” warning. Though in a work environment all bets are off.

You’ve been asked about twelvety times what the certificate says. There’s not much else we can suggest without that. Though, circumventing your workplace’s “security” is probably out of scope for the forum.

Premier Icon DezB

And I’ve said twelftysix times I can’t see what the cert says. I just get a blocked page from the company firewall saying cert is expired or not yet valid.
    And it’s only happened from this morning after the Maintenance page came up. Of course, that could be coincidence and my lovely colleagues have changed something on the firewall at the same time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.