Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Central London Breakfast recommendations
  • VanMan
    Free Member

The Missus and I are getting the Sleeper down to London on Friday, so I was wondering if anyone new of a decent, ie cheap, place to get a fryup in central London, on a Saturday, at about 7 am.

I have done a bit of googling but all the places I am finding are charging £12 and up (£25 was the most expensive 😯 ), for a Full English, or is this normal in the City?

Stoner
    Free Member

its a big ol' town. Want to narrow the search down a bit?

Try Smithfield market. Usually one of the cafes is open early doors for the meat runners and they'll sell decent enough bacon and sausages from the market.

BigDummy
    Free Member

£12 ought to get you a very, very nice breakfast in the city. I'd recommend the Bleeding Heart Tavern, but I don't think they're open on a Saturday.

If you walk out of Euston and cross the Euston Road you're into a patch with plenty of students. There will be somewhere reasonable and cheap I'd have thought. 🙂

VanMan
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, I am happy to go anywhere Central near a tube stop. Arriving Kings Cross heading for Catford via London Bridge if that helps.

Could certainly try Smithfields, is that the one near Barbican tube?

Stoner
    Free Member

yep

VanMan
    Free Member

Cheers, just done a search for the Bleeding Heart Tavern, unfortunately you are correct they aren't open on Saturdays. Looks nice though, will try to remember it for another time.

jacksta
    Free Member

If you are heading from London Bridge then you could also try around Borough market – same deal with early market workers.

If you have time, the best breakfast is at the tapa Room in marylebone http://www.theprovidores.co.uk – dont limit yourself to full english 🙂

VanMan
    Free Member

God I'm slow at replying!

Are there quite a few near Smithfields then? Or is that a stupid question 😀

brooess
    Free Member

I can highly recommend Smiths of Smithfield if it's open. I think they do top quality – and I mean top quality meat for under £10 for full breakfast + lots of options to keep the price low

aP
    Free Member

Why not go to Bar Italia in Soho?

VanMan
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, I shall try around Smithfields and follow my nose. That Smiths place does look good.

RickyRah
    Free Member

Smithfield market is a good call. There's a cafe on Farringdon Street near the Snow Hill junction that does a great breakfast for £5-6. If that's not open, The Cock Tavern is (http://www.thecocktavern.com/contacts/).

VanMan
    Free Member

I love the Cock Taverns menu – especially the bit at the bottom "Fish is available" 😆

alfabus
    Free Member

If you don't mind going a bit out of your way, the Regency cafe in Westminster is awesome.

see Layer Cake for video evidence (when they guy pours tea all over the bloke he's beating up)… it is not normally that violent and the food is incredible.

Dave

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Come up to Kentish Town, loads of proper cheap greasy spoons there. However, it is going the wrong way. Round Borough Market will be good but more foody type posh breakfasts. It'll also be busy, very busy.

juan
    Free Member

I think there may be a "pain quotidien" near king cross.
    If not there is on for sure between waterloo and the south banks.
    For two I'll recommend you share a bread basket.

rootes1

The Missus and I are getting the Sleeper down to London on Friday, so I was wondering if anyone new of a decent, ie cheap, place to get a fryup in central London, on a Saturday, at about 7 am.

Andrews Restaurant on Grays Inn Road – decent fry up for £6 – it is opposite Condor Cycles

click click for map

TheBrick
    Free Member

Kings Cafe, walk between Kings cross and Euston and head north up chalton street, cheap with big portions and friendly staff

otherwise there are a few places on Eversholt street

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

theres a famous scotish place ooo whats it called Mc Donalds !

TheBrick
    Free Member

Also there is this place short walk from Euston

Mario's Cafe in Warren Street , London , do a big breakfast for £10.
    Eat it all in 20 mins with no drink to wash it down with and you get it free.

It's 10 eggs, 10 bacon, 10 sausage, 10 toast, 5 black puddings, tomatoes, beans and mushrooms.
    No Chips !!!
    http://forwardbutton.blogspot.com/2009/07/marios-cafe-london.html

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Central London Breakfast recommendations’ is closed to new replies.