Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Central Heating leaking…?
  • Kryton57

Every six weeks I need to bleed the updates “rail” type bathroom rad. Its about enough air to make the first uppermost “tube” cold, the rest are fine. Its this type:

Surely one of those rails doesn’t contain a lot of water?

I’m plagued by the thought this has only happen since we had some pipework changed and a new rad when we had a kitchen makeover in July, and now I’m paranoid its leaking under our new shiny tiled floor. However the builder did go to great lenghts the check it before the floor was laid – I watched him do it.

Sould I be? Could this be something else? How could I check? Is there a fix without ripping up the floor? Will my house fall down as the foundations rot away?

molgrips
    Free Member

You could add a stop leak type compound to your system. Easy to do, takes 5 mins, works for small leaks.

Very small leaks seem to dry up before causing an actual leak problem, at least in my house they do.

trail_rat
    Free Member

also does a sterling job of plugging up modern combi boiler heat exchangers but dont let that stop you 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

We do have a combi boiler, I’ll avooid that then.

footflaps

Could be any where inc an existing radiator. We had a similar thing which went away when I changed the bathroom radiator. Never notice a leak, so it must have been so small that the water evaporated before it could be noticed.

johndoh
    Free Member

Could it not simply be air in the system still present after the new plumbing was done in July? We had some pipework moved in the summer and I have had to bleed our upstairs radiators a few times but it has settled down now.

andybrad

possibly a blocked cold feed or the boiler being too hot.

Ive had both these issues.

molgrips
    Free Member

also does a sterling job of plugging up modern combi boiler heat exchangers but dont let that stop you

Given that I don’t have a combi boiler, and I read product instructions, then no I won’t 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Central Heating leaking…?’ is closed to new replies.