Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Central Brum pubs/bars.
  • jkomo

Thinking the exact opposite of Broad Street. Maybe even a bit Indie disco.

jkomo

Come on you brummies, don’t let me down.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Digbeth.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    velofly
    Free Member

Digbeth.

nickdavies

Not sure what indie disco is but sounds like digbeth. Or head out to Moseley for that kind of thing if you don’t mind a short cab hop.

Current favourite if you like a decent pint is post office vaults on new street. The Yardbird on centenary square is good for great live music that’s a bit different, I.e. Not your usual thump thump broad street crap, normally more toward jazz funk, but there’s quite a range of music styles.

jamj1974

Indie disco in Birmingham is…

The Victoria if you want a pub. 48 John Bright Street, Birmingham. B1 1BN

Website

or Snobs if you want a club. 29 Paradise Circus, Queensway, Birmingham. B1 2BJ

Website

Haze

The Wellington if it’s decent ale you’re after.

lunge

2nd Snobs (a Brummy institution, a proper dirty place with the cheapest drinks by far in town) and the Victoria. The PO vaults is worth a visit purely for the sheer volume of beer and the Yardbird has great, if sometimes somewhat odd, music. Other ideas are the Old Contemptible’s which is another cracking pub and, if you don’t mind a 5 minute walk, the Actress and bishop. The latter is a indie-ish pub on the ground floor and has bands (mostly unsigned, some better than others) on the top floor. Close to the actress is the Flapper and Firkin which is about as far away culturally from Broad Street as you will get, unsurprisingly is a great place.

jamj1974

Seen so many local bands at the Flapper! 2nd for The Old Contemptibles and The Wellington has a good beer selection – ale rather than lager. The Trocadero is not bad for a normal city centre pub – but at least used to focus more on televised sport than music. Other than that there is The Old Joint Stock by the Anglican cathedral – not bad selection of booze and a nice building. Being renovated at the mo though.

jkomo

Cheers all, I new I could rely on you.

Houns

Snobs? *shudders*

rOcKeTdOg

try brewdog for over priced weirdly named stupidly strong beers

otherwise
    Vaults
    Welly

and R.I.P. Eddies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Central Brum pubs/bars.’ is closed to new replies.