Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Census data is stolen
  • highclimber
    Free Member

not sure how this one will go down but I suspect there will be a few red faces

Clicky

i’m glad I didn’t fill mine out

wwaswas

tbh, the government/local authorities will happily sell anyone the majority of the houshold information that’s in the census so I can’t see it being a data protection issue as much as just an embarassment…

geoffj

The “pre-planned intelligence-led operation” in collaboration with the FBI followed claims online that the 2011 census database had been stolen and would be published in full.

You mean they didn’t just rock up and start banging on a random selection of doors 😯

project
    Free Member

SOCA, also had their web site hacked, and took it off line.

binners

Government in Not Being Able to Secure Any Data Shocka!!!!!

Whatever next? Its hardly like the imformation is of much importance though is it? Unless you felt compelled to give them your bank details anyway……

You didn’t did you?

retro83
    Free Member

Hmmm.Could just be any kiddy who was running LOIC (ddos tool). Schoolboy error for any serious member not to be using Tor or similar.

jon1973
    Free Member

I did, but I’m not going to be loosing any sleep over this. I’m not sure they could do anything with the information that will affect me in the slightest.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wasn’t the govt running it though, was it?

And the best thing about this story is newspapers having to print the word ‘lulz’

sam_underhill

Well, that article does say it might have been stolen. There isn’t any proof….. yet.

But, I agree that the government authorities can’t be trusted to keep this sort of data safe. Which makes it all the more galling that they make it an offence to not complete it. If it is proven to have have been stolen, where do the British public stand with taking the government to court for negligence? If a business carried on like this they’d either go out of business or have the authorities waving a big stick at them.

kimbers

even if lockheed martin have lost all the census data they made this so ill forgive em

footflaps

Just as well I made most of my response up!

allthepies
    Free Member

I see a 19 yr old nerd has been arrested.

LULZ 🙂

Drac

My god he’s pissed off a lot off Jedis does he not understand the power of the force.

SOCA, also had their web site hacked, and took it off line.

DDOS attack was it not.

RealMan
    Free Member

Because now they can only get the same information from a bit of small talk with you or a close friend?

andyl
    Free Member

Drac
    My god he’s pissed off a lot off Jedis does he not understand the power of the force.

😆 I can imagine a load of overweight middle aged men dressed as Jedis trying to kick his door down.

Drac

Wearing STW t-shirts.

konabunny
    Free Member

even if lockheed martin have lost all the census data they made this so ill forgive em

They’ve also contributed a lot to the integrity of government in developing countries through their selfless involvement in the development of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

As in, their getting caught caused the FCPA to be passed and every time they’ve been caught since then, the Act has been tightened and the screws turned.

GrahamS

UPDATE: Looks like it it was all a hoax and it hasn’t been stolen after all.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/23/census_safe_confirmed/

Cougar

Phew. Details of the number of children I don’t have and my ethnic background is now safe from terrorists once more!

brakes
    Free Member

shame, I was going to write a stern letter to Points of View about this

Cougar

… yours, Concerned of Alderaan.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Census data is stolen’ is closed to new replies.