Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • 'Celebs' getting abused on twitter
  • DezB
    Free Member

I always think the acceptability criteria should be never email or post something you wouldn’t say within punching distance of the target and their mates, or would walk into their local and shout out loud. Just because you have the safety of a screen doesn’t remove the need to be civil, decent and have some respect.

You crazy fool

winston_dog
    Free Member

It’s his expectation that’s not appropriate.

It seems to me that he is using it to highlight the problems with “cyber bullying” that effects a lot of people. Also he has always been very outspoken about racism issues. He always seems to take the zero tolerance line.

I am not his biggest fan but I think he has a point raising the issue.

pondo

It seems to me that he is using it to highlight the problems with “cyber bullying” that effects a lot of people. Also he has always been very outspoken about racism issues. He always seems to take the zero tolerance line.

I am not his biggest fan but I think he has a point raising the issue.
    100% agree.

Anyway, he’s quit Twitter now.

That’s a shame. He was on the radio yesterday, he said he’d been having a conversation with Boy George who told him to just block em or quit Twitter. When he says that’s a nod in the direction of making racist/homophobic/religionist/hate-inciting/death-threatening comments acceptable, I fully agree.

pondo
    BigDummy
    Free Member

It is quite difficult to imagine the sheer level of social control that would be needed to eradicate all forms of bullying and abuse from the internet.

AdamW
    Free Member

Well Mr Collymore has quit twitter.

ransos
    Free Member

It is quite difficult to imagine the sheer level of social control that would be needed to eradicate all forms of bullying and abuse from the internet

We don’t need to. We just need to treat it in the same way as if it were being done through other media, or face to face.

DezB
    Free Member

What followed was the perfect display of the misogyny, aggression and imbalanced treatment faced by sportswomen in every discipline.

Why would you bother doing that on Twitter?

wwaswas

Well Mr Collymore has quit twitter.

which is a pretty shit result.

don’t like/agree with someone on twitter? bombard them with abuse until they get fed up and leave. Not good.

stever
    Free Member

I was in a meeting yesterday with someone that knows Beth Tweddle’s family. There some weird disconnect that goes on behind a keyboard that means you forgot these are real people or thinks anyone in the public eye is fair game. Beth Tweddle’s only crime was being a superb gymnast.

binners

It is quite difficult to imagine the sheer level of social control that would be needed to eradicate all forms of bullying and abuse from the internet.

I’ve got a fool-proof way. However, it involves me establishing the cult of ‘me’ around the globe, ruling the entire world with my own unique brand of casual cruelty, and all you lot being subservient worms, existing in some sub-dickension hell, only to do my bidding

It’ll happen one day soon, so make the most of it while you can 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘'Celebs' getting abused on twitter’ is closed to new replies.