Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Cedric Gracia
  • devs
    Free Member

is a legend. Not one of those run of the mill ordinary people who are touted as legends for doing just ordinary stuff these days, but a proper kickass, stand out legend. That is all.

Grumpyagain
    Free Member

He was very funny yesterday on Freecaster with Rob Warner

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Is this the guy that won just about everything on a GT LTS about 15 years ago? Saw his name in the 4cross results on cyclingnews this morning.

juan
    Free Member

He's a ****… Don't get the legend bit. He has a very unimpressive CV for a pro pilot, but yet he's on all the magazines

ooOOoo
    Free Member

He even sounds like he's having fun….imagine that, fun with bikes

Colin-T

Is this the guy that won just about everything on a GT LTS about 15 years ago?

This is the guy that won just about everything for 15 years

Is probably more accurate.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

but yet he's on all the magazines

This is *actually* the important bit – getting exposure for your sponsors. You can do that by winning races (which he has done a fair bit of), or you can do it by being a knob – sorry, character. See Rob Warner for further details.

Gracia has also done pretty well, not only in DH, but 4x and Freeride comps, some great film shoots and has on-bike style to die for. Top all round rider.

hels
    Free Member

He has style, who cares how many races he won. Nobody makes doing ridiculous things on a bike look so smooth and easy. I saw him picking up a very unattractive woman in the pub at Fort Bill WC once, and he still didn't lose any cool points.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Suicide no hander over the 'Nissan' jump at fort william dh final yesterday. Quality.

devs
    Free Member

That's what I'm talking about davidtaylforth. He was completely sideways in a tailwhip over the hip jump too whilst staring out the camera, does a no hander at the top of the wall, manuals down the wall and whips the triple at the end. All with a locked up drivetrain and still comes in 7 secs off the lead at that time. He entertains and goes out of his way to entertain. Gee winning was a special moment in a brilliant atmosphere yesterday but my lasting memory of the race will be that suicide no-hander!

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Gracia didn't ride for GT he used to ride for cannondale. I think it is nicolas voulliez you're thinking of, who did indeed win everything.

gracia was always too busy getting pissed with peat and warner

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Suicide no hander over the 'Nissan' jump at fort william dh final yesterday. Quality.

I agree with that. Good sportsman ship given that his chain was off and all he could do was roll to the bottom of the hill, why not style it up.

afrothunder88

Has anyone got a link to a vid with the no-hander on? Been itching to to see it since I read about it.

CG is a legend.

Crag
    Free Member

DH racing is a far better sport for him being in it thats for sure.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He was completely sideways in a tailwhip

Tailwhip on a downhill bike, must have missed that!

benjag
    Free Member

it was mint!

highclimber
    Free Member

He has personality which is more than can be said for Sam Hill – his face is expressionless and vacant everytime he's interveiwed.

love the vid of him [gracia] at fort will racing in jeans and a hoody cos his luggage was lost at the airport. he's a dude!

benjag
    Free Member

and

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That'd be something special with triple clamps!

Nico was on Sunn with Cedric was he not?

Lopes and Peat were on GT back in the day?

As for his detractors wingeing that he was only doing it because he couldnt win;
    a) lets see the avrage weekend warrior get within 7 seconds of a good time with a chain. Hell, I'd give you 7 minutes!
    b) he does that stuff anyway, can't remember the year/venue but he won the 4X finals at one event and backfliped the final jump (back when they wer new and cool)!

slowrider
    Free Member

a 'moto' whip rather than a tailwhip. quite different tricks!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Mr Whippy

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Nico moved from GT to Sunn.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

what thisisnotaspoon said

whats not to like about Cedric? **** hot on a bike, great to watch and seems like a laugh.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And just look at his list of sponsors, bearing in mind how arsey some can get about using competitors products (Peaty used RF cranks and hope brakes untill SRAM bought truvative and avid) yet he manages to get away with it.

syncros/hope/sram/acros/A2Z all have (sometimes massive) overlaps in their ranges yet are quite happy to sponsor him and he doesn't even put their logos on his jersy.

juan
    Free Member

I think it is nicolas voulliez you're thinking of, who did indeed win everything.

gracia was always too busy getting pissed with peat and warner
    I concur.
    You want top DH riders: Nicola vouilloz indeed, fabien barel, steve peat, greg minnar.
    You want top freeriders: dan simmons, richie schley, robbie bourdon, chris kovaric.
    You want someone what can only show is ass during parties… Well he's your guy then.

mr_krabs
    Free Member

He is a superb rider. sometimes (believe it or not) sport isn't just about winning. If you have a personality you don't need to win to get your picture taken.

Kit
    Free Member

He did the same two (maybe three?) years ago in the blazing sunshine and I think Gee won it then as well. Amazing atmosphere in the finish area!

juan
    Free Member

Nico was on Sunn with Cedric was he not?

Post gt time for Nico

afrothunder88

juan: Chris Kovarik is not a freerider, in fact I'm pretty sure it was him who had "F*ck Huckers" sprayed on/in his van in one of the Earthed movies?

Anyways, quality pictures! Makes me wish I'd gone now.

devs
    Free Member

Blimey juan, you've really got the hump with him haven't you. He's won DH, FR and 4X events. If he wasn't such a piss head and party animal he could probably have dominated any one of those disciplines. As it is he's got the best of all worlds, there's few enough characters left in top level sport these days, it's nice to see one make an effort to please the fans.

Oh and please forgive my lack of knowledge of whip terminology, I can't do any of them, except by mistake occasionally! I take it a tailwhip is the one that BMXers do when they spin the bike around the steerer?

tracknicko
    Free Member

that aint a moto whip either in that pic. much more of a kickout.

the whole point of a 'moto' whip is that you use bars, weight of bike etc to whip, as on moto you cant just push it out with your legs (as pictured above)

RHSno2
    Free Member

Juan: Who is Dan Simmonns?

Shussshh it up with the negativity. He is a Dh racer. Fact. Is it because he is from Andorra you don't like him? 😉

juan
    Free Member

The bloke who wrote the book on the shelve 😳 I indeed meant wade 😉
    Rob nope because I just don't like him 😉
    I much prefer local DH racer, at least they can win races 😀[/b]

GW
    Free Member

having enough speed to even make the last two jumps (hipped double and long table) before the ~tissot with no chain is insane enough never mind boosting out a fully stretched suicide then going massive on the last tripple too.

Kit – what are you on about? Gee has never won it before. Gracia has.
    Gee pulled a suicide over the tripple in qualis one year, Cedric has done it many times on many jumps at Ft William in both 4X and DH including during practice & race runs.

Juan – you're an idiot!

GW
    Free Member

Juan – Yes Fabien Barel is an amazing rider too (if that's what you mean by "local rider"). but for a number of reasons he is actually less well liked on the DH scene than Cedric

tracknicko
    Free Member

still remember gracia backflipping the 4x course in les gets '04. HERO.

hainey
    Free Member

I remember Gracia hitting a small rotting tree in Les Gets and the whole thing exploding in bits of bark and twigs.

DezB
    Free Member

I once posted CG's list of career highlights ( http://www.cedricgracia.com/ -> About CG)
    Juan said it was rubbish 😆

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

CG always looks like he is having fun on and off the bike and I think some of the stuff he does adds to the whole atmosphere of DH/4x racing. It would be pretty boring stuff without the likes of him.

soulrider
    Free Member

Gracia has also won the Red Bull Rampage in Utah – doing a back flip of a huge drop to finish his run… (he learnt the flip that week)
    it blew everyone else away at that event.

have also drank Red wine with him a few years ago at the WC in Fort Bill.. he is a chilled out guy and a decent (if a womaniser) bloke, then his groupies hype him up and once again he becomes centre of attention.

Awesome rider, great character – downhill racing started with parties – he still races hard, has sublime skills and parties damned hard…
    What is not to like? cept being French ??? 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Cedric Gracia’ is closed to new replies.