Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Cedric Gracia and every riders first aid nightmare
  • stavaigan
    Free Member

Five days ago I fell off my bike. Was going slow down a slope I’ve ridden dozens of times before, bike began to slide and front wheel washed out. I came off rolled and hit a branch by side of the trail. Broke my back – transverse process fracture in five lumbar vertebrae. I was unlucky and very lucky, the injury is stable with no nerve damage. Mtb can be dangerous but in my circumstance trail conditions, ability and luck all played a part.

Does anyone know how CG is now?

PJ266
    Free Member

Back in the gym training. The lucky bugger. From his Facebook.

Glad you came out (relatively) ok Stavalgan.

qwerty
    Free Member

Does anyone know how CG is now?

+1

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Is Celox like QuickClot?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Back in 2006 I had a nasty spill motocross racing. I got up and stumbled to the side of the track and felt a warm patch on the inside of my race jeans. First aiders rushed over and discovered a 7″ tear on my inner thigh. Lots of blood, tissue and muscle on display made me almost faint. When one of the first aiders then pointed out that I had missed my femoral artery by about 2cm I did faint.

Later discovered that the foot peg of my bike had caused the tear. I wish I hadn’t watched that video now.

stavaigan
    Free Member

Cheers PJ. Cedric looking good, is that from his website?

PJ266
    Free Member

From here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedric-Gracia/211101762241216?fref=ts

Looks like it wont be too long til he’s riding again. Good on him.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Cedric Gracia and every riders first aid nightmare’ is closed to new replies.