CD player bust

Home Forum Chat Forum CD player bust

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CD player bust
  • Premier Icon stevemakin
    Subscriber

My (at least) ten year old Marantz KI signature CD player has given up, whats out there these days thats similar ?

geetee1972

Was that a CD63 SE KI? Those were legendary. You must be gutted.

IIRC the KIs were around £500 back in the mid 90s and were always something of a performance bargain. I reckon you'd be looking at spending around £1000 to get something of comparable performace to that unit.

The Cyrus CD8 SE represents something of a similar performance bargain and can be further improved by the addition of an external power supply.

Premier Icon stevemakin
    Subscriber

Hmmm…..

yes, its the CD63

I thought as much, was hoping that technology/price ratio had moved on, might see if it can be repaired

ta 🙂

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

What's up with it?

Premier Icon stevemakin
    Subscriber

it wont read the disc, assuming the lazer shafted

geetee1972

Yeah you know what, ignore what I said. A £1000 player today is going to sounds way better than a £500 player from 15 years ago.

I was thinking in terms of budget not quality.

RichPenny

CD mechs are a bit thin on the ground these days, though you might find a service centre with spares or refurb stock depending on type. Cost for the repair should be reasonable. Plenty of good players available at the moment, UK firms such as Naim (who I work for), Rega, Cyrus all producing good equipment. Or you could look at digitising your music and playback through a good quality DAC.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CD player bust’ is closed to new replies.