Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CCTV install – reasonable or a bit dear?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Just had a quote for 2x camera install, front and rear of house.

2.4MP HD bullet cameras feeding a 1Tb DVR.

Access via phones, tablets etc.

£580 all in.

Buy or run?

Ta.

mark d
    Free Member

A days labour plus parts seems reasonable to me without knowing all the details.

I would charge more…

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Far too cheap if my recent quotes are anything to go by. £1500 – £2k were my range of quotes (admittedly for three cameras).

For the price you’ve been quoted I’d be expecting a cloud based wireless system with no DVR.

regenesis
    Free Member

When the likes of Samsung Techwin do a four digital camera HD system with 1TB and App/web Access  for £300 (2 cameras is £220’ish) it seems expensive tbh.

colp

Do it yourself, it’s very simple stuff

oldschool

When the likes of Samsung Techwin do a four digital camera HD system with 1TB and App/web Access for £300 (2 cameras is £220’ish) it seems expensive tbh.

So £360 for a days labour? Seems about right.

I’m sure someone will be along in a min to say they could fit it before breakfast, whilst wearing their pyjamas and slippers though.

They’ve been and priced it, will fit it and warranty it. £580 ain’t bad. (If material is £220)

v8ninety

For the price you’ve been quoted I’d be expecting a cloud based wireless system with no DVR.

Thst seems very expensive for something that you can do with a couple of old phones and a minimal monthly fee.

https://manything.com

CraigW
    Free Member

£170 for a 4 camera kit from Aldi this week.

chrisyork

Anyone got a raspberry pi camera kit and doing it themselves? It’s what I’m thinking of…

DezB
    Free Member

My brother bought 3 Sannce cams for about 30 quid. Saves to micro sd, has an app on his phone which alarms when movement starts the camera up. Seems nuts to pay out over £500 when the tech is available so cheap.

kimbers

After being burgled last month have just fitted one of these

Saves to micro Sd (I’ve set it to 3 mins of recording after triggering)

I get an alarm to my phone, when it’s triggered, night vision is impressive too.

Install was the cost of a long drill bit, about 60cm of coving & a few wobbly moments at the top of the step ladder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CCTV install – reasonable or a bit dear?’ is closed to new replies.