Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • CCM Spitfire motorbike, want…
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Keep being tempted to get back into motorbikes after a 5 year break, always had trailies, love the look of this CCM but for the price…..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324191800984?ViewItem=&item=324191800984

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno, kinda looks like the sort of half assed classic/scrambler/cruiser 17yr olds build from crashed cg125’s.

Which is strange as I usualy like that sort of thing.

fasthaggis

Ah, good ol Clews 4 strokers.
    My mate got a CCM race deal back in the day,I used to ride it in the helper/mechanics race.
    What a machine for sliding round a muddy track,you could almost leave it in one gear 🙂
    Thumper

drnosh
    Free Member

@fasthaggis

Ah yes, the good old BSA B50 engine. Now long gone.

Ex-BMW/Husky motor in there now.

They also used Suzuki motors in previous models as well.

kayak23

Seen a few of those Ccms now at various shows. There’s just something not quite looking right about them to my eyes, but yeah, I like what they’re doing anyway.

I think the proportions of the tracker version are better. The seat is too stubby on some of the others, to me anyway.

anagallis_arvensis

Nice!

Pigface
    Free Member

Bob Wright on a CCM Rolling thunder

mrmoofo

I have. A friend who loves his. Light , basic and. A great high days and holidays bike.
    Saw them (with Foggy there) at Jurby at the classic TT last year.
    If you are thinking of buying one, just check the welding on the frames. Some seem okay – but some of the ones I saw much have been welded by the inexperienced / not bothered.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

This is nice: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCM-R30m-636-Supermoto-Very-rare-factory-road-going-version-of-race-bike/184321647641?hash=item2aea6d2419:g:8C8AAOSw7z1e3gp-

A friend of mine got a Fantic Caballero – I wasn’t that sure about it when he was describing it, but was pretty impressed with the quality of it when I saw it. About £6k new which is pretty cheap these days!

Also saw a Royal Enfield Himalayan

in the street. Had a wee nosey – looks very well put together and also about £6k new – a Honda or BMW can be 2x or 3x that!

redstripe
    Free Member

That Fantic looks good, I remember the Caballero trailie mopeds in the 70’s kids had at school

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

in the street. Had a wee nosey – looks very well put together and also about £6k new – a Honda or BMW can be 2x or 3x that!

We went looking at those, wierd thing was it was next to a CRF250L in the showroom. Same price, same power, similar design briefs, very different bikes.

On the one hand ones a revvy lightweight dual sport, the other is a bike for plodding cross continents. On the other I kinda thought Id rather cross the actual himalayas on a Honda!

smokey_jo

Other than the tracker version that ccm is missing it’s arse.

Sure I’ve seen those fantics for around £5k somewhere.

smokey_jo

If you want a short stubby looking street scrambler styling excerise nearly new Husqvarna svartpilens can be had <£4k and will ride well despite their looks a they are aktm duke 390 underneath

mboy
    Free Member

Call me a heathen, but I just don’t get those CCM’s… HUGE money for questionable styling, very little heritage, weak performance and very little else. Certainly the pose factor is minimal unless you happen to be surrounded by CCM enthusiasts!

If you want a faux retro naked, there’s far better options on the market, that’s for sure!

kayak23

If you want a faux retro naked, there’s far better options on the market, that’s for sure

I’m not so sure it’s a faux retro. They’re trying to do something different. Look at that frame. It looks like a one-off creation but…..isn’t. I think it’s great what they’re doing.

They’re bringing a taste of the custom/bespoke scene to the people that aren’t so bothered about having something truly one-off. Mostly though, they look different and not like they’ve come directly out of a CAD programme like most modern bikes do now, all angles and transformer wasps and shit. 😅

I’m really into custom bikes so this isn’t really my bag in that sense, but there’s always been bikes that have borrowed from the custom scene.

pampmyride
    Free Member

New CCM – if £4K yes, £9K your having a larf! Or rather congrats to CCM for making that a successful business selling overpriced ancient Suzuki engined tat.. But the current bike for me would be the Royal Enfield 650 twin – price etc spot on.

silverneedle
    Free Member

+1 for CCM flat tracker. Also worth a look for single cylinder is Kedo.de for trick yamaha sr 500 and Xt 500 kits. Road scrambler and flat tracker builds are pretty.

failedengineer

I’ve seen one on the road round here, the tracker version. Looks fantastic imho. Would be great for an hour or so blast. Made in lancashire – what’s not to like?

dave661350

They were so near with the GP450 adv bike..if only it hadn’t been so dreadfully unreliable…it was meant to be a real RTW bike but….
    These seem to be bought by folk with more money than sense who’ve already got several other bikes in the garage.

kayak23

These seem to be bought by folk with more money than sense who’ve already got several other bikes in the garage.

One could draw parallels with some of us with push bikes round here.. 😂

singlespeedstu

Fasthaggis/ Pigface
    Can you remember this bike?
    Saw it raced at Builth Well Showground when I was a kid.
    Proper trick looking thing and years ahead of its time with an alloy frame.
    The tank was actually part of the frame not bolted on.

Vic Eastwood Haganhttps://cdn-0.motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/HagonVE.jpg

drnosh
    Free Member

Venhill Hagon?

singlespeedstu

Vic Eastwood Hagon. Built by Alf Hagon.
    TT500 engine bored out to 540 with a 3 speed box.
    Built the whole thing in his shed.

Pigface
    Free Member

Only saw pictures of it in TMX, amazing piece of kit.

weeksy

I rode a CCM flat tracktracker… it wanted to kill me… it’s handling was, somewhat, interesting… I think this was 3 maybe 4 years ago so whatever model was current then… it was absolutely horrific to ride, i couldn’t wait to get off it.

RustyNissanPrairie

I did wonder how flexy the frames and swingarms are – the swingarm especially looks a little noodly. I still like them but I think I’d rather have a BMW 9RT. A friend has n+1 but with motorbikes and the 9RT is by far my favourite in his collection.

Saccades
    Free Member

Call me a heathen, but I just don’t get those CCM’s… HUGE money for questionable styling, very little heritage, weak performance and very little else. Certainly the pose factor is minimal unless you happen to be surrounded by CCM enthusiasts!

I’m not a motorbiker in any way but I saw one of the CCM bikes at a local beauty spot and had to find out about it as was a show stopper.

Proper nice in the flesh and looked class so I would disagree on your comment on pose factor.

redstripe
    Free Member

RustyNissanPrairie – yes there’s a BMW R9T for sale me near me and saw it in the flesh, looks great, still really expensive though but for what you get compared to the CCM for a bit less pricewise…..:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-18-BMW-R-NINE-T-R9T-URBAN-GS-X-SPORT-Simply-beautiful-1-owner-bike/274293000138?hash=item3fdd2307ca:g:g~MAAOSw9ltd3ibh

And that Fantic looks great, new for even less, I wonder if local dealer 3X are open to view/test yet

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fantic Caballero

Ohh I like that, looks a bit like a 70’s dirtbike without too much nostalgia.

null

weeksy

I did wonder how flexy the frames and swingarms are – the swingarm especially looks a little noodly. I still like them but I think I’d rather have a BMW 9RT. A friend has n+1 but with motorbikes and the 9RT is by far my favourite in his collection.

I love this version… but i expect it’s awful to ride.

posiwev
    Free Member

Gotta say the CCM’s are a bitsa bike, with the owners doing the R&D !
    That Beemer on the other hand is a nice looking bit of kit, especially with the understated paint job.

Gunz
    Free Member

I like CCMs in general but that one with the panniers looks like a hipster found a Harley brochure after one too many craft ales.

smokey_jo

If you like the R9T but think it’s overpriced go have a look at Guzzi Griso. Transverse twin, shaft drive, classic naked roadster looks. Plenty 1100’s around at less than £5k

fasthaggis

@Stu

Fasthaggis/ Pigface
    Can you remember this bike?
    Saw it raced at Builth Well Showground when I was a kid.

Never seen one before,but it looks like something Greeves would build then stick a leading link fork on it 😉 .
    Hagon did a lot of cool stuff at the time and it looks like they put a few different engines in those frames. Didn’t know Vic Eastwood had checked out last year (RIP),him Vic Alan and John Banks were my thumper heros.
    For me,if the CCMs had the airbox area filled in and a bit more added on to the seat ,they would be spot on.Shame if they handle like a pram though 🙂

Vortexracing

you can just about pick a Triumph Street Scrambler up for around £5K

Love mine

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2higBgf]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

Pigface
    Free Member

Fasthaggis don’t forget the Hansen brothers who were thumper stalwarts.

singlespeedstu

Hagon did a lot of cool stuff at the time and it looks like they put a few different engines in those frames.

Yep there was one with a 370 Suzuki engine in it and I think he also built a Husky version.
    I can just about remember the intitial switch from 4 bangers to smokers. Born in 68 and my dad used to race up until I was 6 then gave up to take me racing instead.
    I can also just about remember seing Greeves’s being raced.
    There were also quite a few Sprites round here with them being built localy.
    I’m mates with Frank Hipkins (Sprit builder) son Paul.

RustyNissanPrairie

weeksy
    Subscriber

I love this version… but i expect it’s awful to ride.

Posted 1 hour ago

My mates is one of the MK1’s – all black with the gold USD forks, standard factory bike and it just looks ‘so right’ and this is in a garage with a Panigale, recent model Repsol Fireblade, KTM adv1290S, BMW S1000 and a few track bikes. If I had my bike licence it would be the one I’d borrow everytime!
    He does say the 9RT is a bit ‘weavy’ at speed but knowing him its at speeds the bike was probably never designed for.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nice bikes! I like!

failedengineer

Those Grisos are lovely. My mate recently sold his and bought a BMW R1200R. The Griso looked (and sounded) fantastic, but not as smooth or as easy to ride as his BM. They don’t like salt, either ….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘CCM Spitfire motorbike, want…’ is closed to new replies.