Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CCleaner
  • doomanic

Is it worth paying for Pro?

Is there anything better for similar money?

fossy

I use the free one, does the job.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When I asked what to stick on a new POC I suggested CCleaner and was told it wasn’t worth bothering with now – that was the free version so the paid version may have more features that are of little benefit

Rio

free one, does the job

The job of the free one is to get you to pay for the paid one. Not sure what the job of the paid one is.

mattyfez

Oh crikey, this is really going to trigger cougar.

Free version is fine.

Just try not to accidentally delete your C drive. With great power comes great responsibility 😉

IHN

Aaaand cue Cougar…

spacemonkey

Yep I’ve used the free one for years. Just ensure you select the right things to clean up and you should be fine.

leffeboy

I think the only thing I use it for now is securely wiping drives and ‘uninstalling’ programs that won’t uninstall any other way.  Not sure I would use it to clean my computer.  In my experience of supporting people most of the issues are with computers where the users are a little too proactive 🙁

timba
    Free Member

It was successfully targetted by hackers in 2017 and 2019 and some unnamed registry cleaning utilities are advised against by Microsoft.
    None of that is specific to you in 2022, but I would consider what I needed it for and whether I needed that type of product

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CCleaner’ is closed to new replies.