Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CCDB air CS – knocking / clunk
  • neilforrow

Has anyone had an issue with their ccdb with a sort of audible knocking / clucking?

Bit like the bushings have got or a top out on a fork. Damping is still good and the bushings are spot on. I can’t find much using my google foo, just a couple posts with CC saying ‘give me a call’…

konanige

When you say knocking is this on successive hits on a bumpy trail or just when you cycle the suspension with no load?

neilforrow

Both, noticed it out on the trail. Took the shock off, let the air out and it’s noticeable when cycling through the travel…

Stu661
    Free Member

Yip had the same thing on my Inline Coil. I had a knock when the climb switch was on. It was sent back to TF and fixed under warranty.

Didn’t feel like it affected the performance just annoying.

konanige

There is a noticeable notch feeling at about 20 percent into the travel but this is just the transition from the negative chamber to the main chamber but not noisy, had issues with mine as a proper knocking sound on successive hits which LBS said was down to damper shaft nut coming loose which was sorted under warranty.

neilforrow

Sounds like that’s the one. It’s not the break away squish – I’m used to that, it’s more of a real knocking. Doing my head in!

Guess I’ll get it off to TF then…

Cheers

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

i had something similar ages ago went off to TF tuned

deadkenny
    Free Member

My CCDB on my big bouncer is okay so far, but I’ve got some knock on suspension compress with my 5010 with a Monarch. However I’m not sure it’s the shock at all. Sounds more like some bit of frame hitting something else, but I can’t see any evidence of that. Also I’m not sure if it’s during compress or when it tops out. Had it the other day again, on the descent sections of Cafall at Cwmcarn, getting into a pump flow and kept getting a knock. Can’t see what it is.

Pulled the shock apart recently (was knocking before that) and did air can service. Nothing noticeable there and shock in decent condition visibly. Bushings done and new heavy duty mount kit as well.

As said though, not even sure it’s the shock. Interested anyway to follow this in case it’s something similar, plus out of interest if my CCDB does the same some day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CCDB air CS – knocking / clunk’ is closed to new replies.