Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cav vs Wiggo over Millar (sky content)
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

Have we done this yet??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cycling/16414621.stm

so last week Cavendish comes out and says that he would love to ride alongside Millar at the games and now his new Team Sky buddy is saying that its right Millar is banned…..I sense trouble brewing for the year ahead

my predictions….a bit like Hamilton vs Alonso in f1 same team two egos…will produce fireworks and one will be forced to move on

Rickos
    Free Member

Wiggins looks like a Vulcan in that image. Live long and prosper.

RealMan
    Free Member

Dear god, two people with different opinions on a certain subject having to work together?

Clearly this will never work.

alfabus
    Free Member

wiggo == vulcan +1

redx
    warton
    Free Member

I think its obvious whats gonna happen. Cav wants the olympics this year, Wiggo wants the tour. so he’ll get most of the team for the tour to try and win it. His contract is then up this year, he’ll move on, the team will become based around Cav.

wors
    blades2000
    Free Member

From Bradley’s twitter feed yesterday

bradwiggins Bradley Wiggins
    Cheers BBC Sport, you got me, not quite what I said was it

For me I would love to see Millar at the Olympics, he did take illegal substances knowingly however now he is a big advocate for no drugs in sport. It shows people can change and do make mistakes.

EDIT – see wors beat me to it.

trickydisco
    Free Member

MSP

In terms of the Olympics, it will help Cav to have Miller in the team to try and deliver him to the line, while the race may not work out like that, I think Cav’s comments are about putting his own ambitions before anything else.

In team sky, it will be interesting to see how next year works out, dividing the team between Wiggins as a GC contender and Cavendish in the sprints, its not impossible to do both, and doesn’t mean their will be fireworks, but I will watch with interest to see if there is any priority given to one or the other.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

The full interview sounds a bit waffly to be honest – Wiggins appears to contradict himself from one sentence to the next?

Shouldn’t be too hard to work out his username on here then 🙂

rootes1

I think Millar should be allowed to compete – he done his penance.

The Vulcan issue is more of a concern though….

trying to look moddish but going sci-fi instead..

mudshark
    Free Member

We should just do what the rest of the world do, that would be fairest.

winterfold
    Free Member

it is a shit bit of reporting/troublemaking.

Millar replied ‘poo to you sir’ on twitter – hardly sounds like he’s kicking off about it does it?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

a bit of Sh*t stirring by the Beeb if you ask me …. not that any one did…

Sudden panic as the big wigs begin to realise not only has GB got a chance of winning a Gold medal at Road Cycling but it is the first one of the games and it gets worse …

If Team GB do win that Gold medal then the Beeb will have to show it being given out to a rider decked out in a Team GB strip plastered with the logo of a certain satelite station … SKY

Oh POOO !!!! best start now and try to make sure that don’t happen eh ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yeah but remember Millar and Wiggins have already fallen out big time when they were ar Garmin during 2009 so the basis for niggles between them is already there.

glenh
    Free Member

Who cares? It’s not like Millar is going to win anything.

aP
    Free Member

Well, TBH Wiggins isn’t going to win anything either is he?

unovolo
    Free Member

Wiggo earlier today going for a “High Five”

project
    Free Member

Perhaps Cav has forgot thaty sky want employ any rider who has been convicted of drug offences, but it does get their names in the paper and good media coverage for all.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cav vs Wiggo over Millar (sky content)’ is closed to new replies.