• This topic has 355 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 356 total)
  • Cause for concern?
  • Spongebob
    Free Member
    Spongebob
    Free Member

Why should he want to convince you ?

Why should he have to justify his beliefs to you ?

Who are you ?

Why shouldn’t he want to convince me?

Why shouldn’t he justify his beliefs? If they are that important to him, wouldn’t he care about spreading the word?

I’m someone not scared to question unfounded dogma.

tyger
    Free Member

Spongebob – In all seriousness I probably cannot convince you because it takes a personal step of faith. Knowing that thousands of people have believed for over 2000 years may add some credence, however, most “sound” churches run something called an Alpha Course (see link)
    http://uk.alpha.org/

It provides a safe, non-threatening environment where people can just come and ask questions (plus you get a free meal!)

tyger
    Free Member

tankslapper
    Free Member

ernie in his usual UN role…… 🙄

Spongebob
    Free Member

Why should he want to convince you ?

..Why shouldn’t he?

Why should he have to justify his beliefs to you ?

…Why shouldn’t he? Does he not have the courage of his convictions?

Who are you ?

… A free thinker! I’m not frightened by the stupidity of the Old Testament. The “believe in me or burn in hell” nonsense. etc etc etc. Utter rubbish!

I’m asking for tyger to explain his irrational beliefs. Oh but we can’t question religion now can we?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Oh but we can’t question religion now can we?

Errrr no – this is sharia law – what is your point caller?

tyger
    Free Member

Find my answer in 4 threads above 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m asking for tyger to explain his irrational beliefs.

So, let me get this straight …………… you are bothering the god-botherers because they aren’t bothering you ?

tyger
    Free Member

ernie – I’m perfectly happy to respond to Spongebob 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fair enough tyger ………. but I was prepared to take on Satan whilst you practice on your guitar.

Although you haven’t actually responded yet.

tankslapper
    Free Member

tyger – Member

ernie – I’m perfectly happy to respond to Spongebob

My guess is he’s off for cocoa and prayers……or ritual floggings perhaps?

Nope! That’s Max Moseley 🙄

tyger
    Free Member

LOL! I posted a reply further up – thanks anyway.

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”

tankslapper
    Free Member

There can be only one tyger

tyger
    Free Member

LOL – Blair witch?

grumm
    Free Member

I wonder if someone on here professed to being a Muslim would they get the piss taken out of them for it and asked to justify their beliefs? 😛

tankslapper
    Free Member

Frankly all this talk about Sharia law and burcas I’d pay to see Cherie Blair in one!

tankslapper
    Free Member

grumm – Member

I wonder if someone on here professed to being a Muslim would they get the piss taken out of them for it and asked to justify their beliefs?

I’m a protestant muslim – you gotta problem with that?

G
    Free Member

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”

Alternative view

The greatest trick God ever pulled was convincing the God botherers that he exists

tyger: what if you’re wrong and in fact the devil is a **** smarter than you think and has actually convinced your lot thats hes God, and all the time the bacanailian lot were right, and in fact your heaven is going to involve lots of floggings with birch twigs and manky old birds with long tits making you do unspeakable things, while in the meantime the rest of us are on milk, honey and virgins, with the odd sherbert thrown in? I have similar evidence to yours that this is how it really is!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I wonder if someone on here professed to being a Muslim would they get the piss taken out of them for it and asked to justify their beliefs?

I’d be too worried they’d blow me up to do anything like that.
    CoE coffee mornings need to become a lot more millitant if they want the same respect.

tyger
    Free Member

G – well what if I were to put it this way….

if I try and live my life according to what I believe to be true i.e. try and be a true Christian and when I die I find it was all a con, then the worst that’s happened is I’ve hopefully led a good life – however, the flip-side is that the Bible teaching is correct then it that case Heaven and Hell do exist and that requires a decision which can’t be made after death.

But that’s not the whole story because, personally, I know that having a faith has made a huge difference to my life and I know this is going to open me up to a right ol’ flaming, but to have the knowledge and experience of God’s love and forgiveness is breathtaking.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I die I find it was all a con, then the worst that’s happened is I’ve hopefully led a good life

Well strictly speaking if gods do exist, then the worst that can happen is you’ve spent your life worshiping a false one, and the real one’s going to be real pissed off with you.

tyger
    Free Member

LOL 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

According to South Park the correct religion is Mormon, and everyone else will be going to hell.

tyger
    Free Member

But wasn’t Michael Jackson a Mormon?

G
    Free Member

Ahhh, now your hitting on the point, its a personal belief, and its up to how you interprete it as an individual, and thereby hangs the whole tale of this thread. Sharia Law is somwhat like your faith, and the desire to lead a good life. However, its application is by mere mortals, who strangely, seem to be able to interprete things to suit their own ends. So ultimately what we get down to, is that to ostracise the whole deal because of the actions of a few is probably an over reaction to the underlying sound principles.

For what its worth, my religious views are not dissimilar to yours, except that I prefer the other interpretation, and therefore I am spending my life trying to take part in as many of the pleasures of the flesh as possible, and let me tell you the Devils “loving” also has its breathtaking moments! 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

There’s a group of dyslexic devil worshippers in the Ozark Mountains who spend all day praying to dog!

G
    Free Member

<Stifles a snigger>

mt
    Free Member

Give Tyger a break for giving his view on what he believes after all it’s easier to take the non believer view these days than being open about having a particular faith (though easier if your religion has extremists who blow people up). Tyger may have a point, if he gets to heaven and it’s a con at least he’s tried to live a good life. Alternativly if we get to the gates of heaven and it’s not a con, so will not be getting in. It then strikes me that eternity is a long time on fire. So on balance being a believer seems more sensible, after all Tyger has nothing to prove to us other than he has faith and we cannot prove he is wrong.
    Tyger-in this day and age having faith dose you credit.

G
    Free Member

Really?

So signing up to a homophobic, child molesting, lying, thieving, cherating organisation is a good thing?? (I am assuming from his posts that he has chosen one of the institutionalised God Bothering frauds to join up to)

grumm
    Free Member

So signing up to a homophobic, child molesting, lying, thieving, cherating organisation is a good thing?? (I am assuming from his posts that he has chosen one of the institutionalised God Bothering frauds to join up to)

Wow, I actually can’t believe you have spent the last however many hours defending Islam and claiming anyone who expresses any kind of disquiet about any aspect of it is a racist bigot. Irony?

tankslapper
    Free Member

G – Member

Really?

I think you’re referring to the Roman Catholic Church there G?

G
    Free Member

Wow, I actually can’t believe you have spent the last however many hours defending Islam and claiming anyone who expresses any kind of disquiet about any aspect of it is a racist bigot. Irony?

I don’t think you find that I did, what I actually said was that information being used to discuss the matter was flawed, and that the underlying principles of Sahria Law are in fact sound and not the rabble rousing stonings and floggings that people in this country associate with it. In fact much in the same way that the underlying principles of Christianity are sound, merely corrupted by the “organisers and interpeters”. But then you never did bother to either read or understand what I was saying so why should I expect anything else from you

TS : Nope, pretty much the whole lot.

grumm
    Free Member

Your hypocrisy is really quite astounding.

MrAgreeable

There is definitely more to suspicion of Islam than just the religious aspect. I agree with Grumm’s point though, equating Catholics with paedos is no more helpful than saying all Muslims are wife-beaters.

G
    Free Member

And I was being accused of name calling. 🙄

So come on then examples of my hypocrisy please.

G
    Free Member

equating Catholics with paedos.

Again I don’t think I did specifically

grumm
    Free Member

Erm yeah you called me halfwit earlier in the thread. Your hypocrisy is pretty obvious, even to your previous buddy in this thread. I really can’t be bothered trying to explain it to you.

mt
    Free Member

G Perhaps Tyger is signed up to the underlying principles of his faith not it’s corrupted manifestations. Not a big fan of what organised belief systems (very new labour) have become but every now and again I have met people who have a strong faith and have been impressed by them as individuals.

You’ll find out one day if Tyger is misguided, course it’ll be to late then.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 356 total)

The topic ‘Cause for concern?’ is closed to new replies.