Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Caught a bike thief red handed
  • sputnik
    Free Member

OP you did well to get your bike back, and the police now have the car reg of the thief’s accomplice.
    And well done for not getting violent.

I can’t believe the comments on here along the lines of ” you are now responsible for other peoples bikes that get stolen” and “as long as your bike is ok” etc. Com on people get a grip.

Hey keyboard warriors put this on your Christmas wish list

rudebwoy
    Free Member

The pub was the Vaynol Arms in pentir, if you know it , you will also know why guard was down, barman was shocked, said the landlord has left the front door open /ajar allnight on a heavy session, nothing taken– these two scrotes are from caernarfon– i have car reg, but more importantly i have ‘connections’ there, will find his real name and details– but its funny, at the time you are reacting with adrenalin flowing, not always easy to think rationally, unlike some on here who seem to have it all down to a T- those who live round here know that its a relatively small community, its not hard to track people down.
    Bike was not locked, don’t usually stop ,but i have been riding round here for thirty years, never locked a bike on a ‘ride’– like to keep it in sight, which in this case was a big help. What will the police do–well for a start , last night mateys car was in the ‘system’–a check would have been done– will be getting a visit today/tomorrow, lets see what develops– by the way these were not ‘proper’ bike theives– opportunist,yes, incompetent -hell yes, potentially violent –who knows– will add any relevant info……

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Well Done mate, good job. As I said earlier you showed a hell of a lot of restraint.

portlyone

Glad you got your bike back. Hopefully his mum grills him over the state of his underwear.

edlong
    Free Member

OP, to be clear first of all, +1 on plaudits for not doing anything stupid (violent), but I’m still not clear on why you didn’t keep hold of him until plod could attend?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Well Done mate, good job. As I said earlier you showed a hell of a lot of restraint.

the lad was crappin himself– not being a particularly violent type myself, didn’t seem anything useful would come of beating him– sure some rambo types may be different– violence is a last resort for me–

zokes
    Free Member

Christ – I’d take a bloody big lock with me if I was leaving my bikes around there. Plenty near enough to Maes G, Pesda and Cfon and their many scrotes.

Also, I suppose it’s best that bike thieves know they will get neither a beating nor a visit to the local police cell in response to stealing bikes. Much better that way…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

You did the right thing but with hindsight…

Did he have a wallet on him? Get his name and let him go, then tell the old bill.

Or if it’s a manageable situation, restrain him and call the police.

At least you got your bike back.

Had a similar situation when someone vandalised my car a few years back, we caught him and there was a bit of a scuffle as we tried to restrain him. He came off a bit worse lets say, and when the police arrived I was totally honest and said we’d had to be a bit physical to restrain him and they didn’t care in the slightest.

headfirst
    Free Member

This story would have been just as interesting (ie. never happened) if you’d invested in one of these, that I recently purchased for pub/cafe stops.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0056GK11Q/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

rudebwoy
    Free Member

W

OP, to be clear first of all, +1 on plaudits for not doing anything stupid (violent), but I’m still not clear on why you didn’t keep hold of him until plod could attend?

tbh– was just so glad to get the bike back– this was out in a rural hamlet– not city centre,we knew his ‘mate’ was lurking, but like i said i am confident that things will happen one way or another 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Christ – I’d take a bloody big lock with me if I was leaving my bikes around there. Plenty near enough to Maes G, Pesda and Cfon and their many scrotes.

dont know any roadies roundhere who take ‘a bloody big lock’ –on a day ride– like every where we have social problems/drug issues– funny thing is i live in Maes G- safest place around mate– but i suppose it helps if you are known…. the cofi boy will be found……

rudebwoy
    Free Member

This story would have been just as interesting (ie. never happened) if you’d invested in one of these, that I recently purchased for pub/cafe stops.

i have an old squire wire lock, that i always use when leaving a bike out of site/in town– will deter opportunistic theives, but how far do you go until it becomes pointless ? as i said we can all get complacent, that was a reminder !

saxabar
    Free Member

I’m guilty as the next for line of sight ‘security’. The area around the Vaynol Arms isn’t exactly a criminal hotspot, at least until now!

Pesda… and their many scrotes.

Oi!

zokes
    Free Member

Oi!

I lived up the hill in Rachub for a couple of years, behind the Royal Oak. Great if you’re ‘in’, problematic if you’re not…

rudebwoy
    Free Member

think is saxabar-won’t happen again there for years probably– these guys were/are driving about, looking to see what they can lift– you be alright in pesda, as long as you aint in braichmelyn 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Caught a bike thief red handed’ is closed to new replies.