Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cateye Computer..rattling its c*ck off?!
  • pinches
    Free Member

i bought a cateye strada double wireless a few weeks ago and its driving me mad!

the computer itself mounted on the stem, was fine for a few days but then started rattling in its mount like you wouldn’t believe, the noise is very, very annoying.

LBS have given me a new bracket, which did exactly the same as above and now its rattling furiously again.

Anyone had anything like this with theirs?

thomthumb
    Free Member

yes. not fixed it yet though. was thinking of electrical tape…

druidh
    Free Member

Given the current modding policy, you might want to edit the title of this thread

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ilovemygears
    Free Member

had one for years no problems have you got the bit of rubber for under the mount?

pinches
    Free Member

yeah, fitted the sticky back gasket under the mount.doesn’t seem to affect the tightness of the computer itself in the mount though.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

umm try emailing cat eye, im sure ur missing a part or the computer its self it not quite right,

JoB
    Free Member

mine did that (it took a couple of years to get round to it though), a little square of electrical-tape on the mount to push the computer up and tighter into the mount sorted it

rich-c
    Free Member

A small ball of blu tack between computer and mount does the trick.

stumpyjon

Have had the same issue with a Garmin GPS, couple of layers of electrical tape between the mount and computer solved it.

pinches
    Free Member

i was trying to avoid padding it out with electrical tape, as my opinion was it should be “right” to start with :@

have stuck a few squares of lovely blue electrical tape under it though, as i ran out of black and the noise is driving me mad. does appear to be alot tighter in the mount anyway.

glad to hear it’s not just mine more than anything!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cateye Computer..rattling its c*ck off?!’ is closed to new replies.