Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Catalyst Pedals
  • kiwijohn

Anyone drank the koolaid riding them?
    I’ve been riding some Exustars E-PB557’s since Christmas, they’re very light & very thin apart from a bit of an axle bulge. I have given one a smack, so it’s riding a bit wonky now. Climbing has been noticeably worse than clipped in. 5:10 XVi’s have helped.
    Came across the Catalyst & liked the idea of a longer platform. I have caught my toes riding over logs a couple of times because my foot is further forward than with clips.
    They come with a set of longer pins now, to help with grip. Price is about the same as any decent pedal. Only real issue seems to be they’re a bit heavier than most.
    Any thoughts or opinions?

Speeder

I’ve not tried them but not sure I like the idea of the enormous platforms that you stand on with your whole foot. It’s completely different to how I’ve always ridden (always been on flats) but I’d like to give them a try at some point. (Only if I can borrow some – I’m not paying money for something that ugly unless I’m sure it’s going to work)

kiwijohn

Trying first would be ideal, but I doubt there’s any around here (Southern Tasmania).

kiwijohn

Been reading that. Just wanted to get some more opinions, (beyond pink bike).

chiefgrooveguru

I had some. I didn’t find the increased platform beneficial vs my usual DMR Vaults (I already pedal with a fairly mid-foot position). Also they didn’t have half as much grip due to the lack of concavity and less aggressive pins and the longer thicker body caused more pedal strikes.

However, I don’t have huge feet (size 9 / 43) so the Vault’s support my feet well and I have slightly restricted movement in my right ankle due to a bad break and metalwork so losing that torsional foot flexion allowed by a shorter pedal wasn’t good for me.

kiwijohn

Pedal strikes are already a problem on the Banshee.
    Might wait for the review in the mag before buying new pedals.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Catalyst Pedals’ is closed to new replies.