• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Catalan Pyrenees gravel bike routes?
  • Bez

Planning a Thing. For the purposes of this question, consider a line from Carcassonne drawn directly south, I’ll be looking for roughly that.

My original plan was road all the way but it would be a shame to miss out on some good stuff. Equally, I won’t have the luxury of being able to dither or push, I’ll need to crack on so I need routes which are “easily” ridable on a (loaded) gravel bike with not much tread on the tyres. Fire roads and suchlike, not your average Pyrenean hiking path. Might be a bit of a challenge.

Hence looking for any gravel-friendly tips. Straying from that theoretical line will be inevitable, and I’ll more likely divert a bit east than west. (Probably via Prades and then over to the Col d’Ares.)

Anyone know of any specific routes or online resources? Inevitably there will be plenty of VTT stuff and plenty of road stuff, but finding the happy medium won’t be so easy.

I’ve got loads of time to plan it, so pretty much anything’s welcome at this stage.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Catalan Pyrenees gravel bike routes?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts