Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Cat owners officially stupider than everyone else
  • Premier Icon reeksy
    Free Member

There. I’ve always believed this. Now a psychiatrist from Amsterdam agrees. Sort of.

Mad cat ladies, it’s not your fault.

Toxoplasma Gondii infection and the association with cognitive decline

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

But to get the infection you’re more than likely already a cat owner, so it’s not being more stupid that makes you want one in the first place.

I’m not sure car owners are more stupid than dog owners though. I’ve never seen a cat owner encouraging their cat to lick their face or mistaking their cat for a child.

Premier Icon zippykona

The next time you’re stuck in an avalanche you’d better hope they don’t send a cat to find you.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

To correct the title

Cat owners of cats with Toxoplasma Gondii infection AND who also touch their cats faeces AND don’t wash their hands MAY catch an infection that COULD cause them to be stupider than they were

Premier Icon doomanic

Not quite so catchy as the original though.

Premier Icon fasthaggis

There are really stupid people that think letting a cat spend time in their house ,feeding it everyday and letting it scratch every bit of available woodwork,somehow means that the cat is now their pet..idiots

Premier Icon reeksy
    Free Member

Yeah. That would definitely not sell a paper … or convince someone to interview you on the radio at which point you could struggle to point out that it’s about “the population as a whole.”

… interesting that it should provoke a defensive dog lover response.

Premier Icon bigdean

I didnt think anyone owned a cat, they simply gave you permission feed and fuss them.

Premier Icon thepurist

Anyone who thinks they own a cat is stupid anyway – you’re just their currently preferred supplier of shelter and/or food. Or more accurately you’re in the top 3 suppliers.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

I didnt think anyone owned a cat, they simply gave you permission feed and fuss them.

You’ve met the cat that sleeps in our house then?

Premier Icon toby1

Well my dog ate a cat poop with that parasite in, and has since cost me in the region of £8k to keep alive, who’s the stupid one now eh?

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

I don’t know. Dog owners have to pick up their poop and not let the dog kill other animals.

Cats on the other hand are allowed free roam, shit in everyone else’s garden and kill anything they come into contact with, including other cats.

Cat owners clearly work in PR.

Premier Icon politecameraaction
    Free Member

Premier Icon grum

I’ve conducted my own anecdotal study and found that dog owners are more emotionally needy than cat owners.

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I tried to listen to the study but couldn’t make it past “Er, er, erm, erm..”

Premier Icon cookeaa

Interesting…

As a lifelong cat “owner” I’m reasonably sure my cognitive function is about as stunted as it’s ever been, apparently I won’t notice anyway so does it matter?

I’m not quite sure I follow the whole “Dogs Vs Cats” thing anyway, I don’t dislike dogs, I just don’t want to own one (they seem like a lot of effort for minimal pay off). Yes Cat’s treat you like their slave and occasionally sit on you for warmth, you might choose to interpret that as affection I suppose, but they are oddly calming and do have a bit of what might be called “personality”.

I’m under no illusions about our cat, he’s a selfish bastard, but he’s our selfish bastard.
    Also we tend not to play with his faeces, TBH Dog shit is still a bigger daily issue round our neck of the woods, but apparently that’s OK…

What I do notice is that the owners of “Fluffy Woof Woofs” often feel the need to denigrate anyone who doesn’t share their own love of inbred-canines with their specific brand of chaotic co-dependence…

Cat’s are gits, and sure, if you lick their arses it will rot your brain. Is this news though? or just another morsel of bullshit (catshit) dressed up for rabid (pun intended) dog lovers to latch onto?

Premier Icon Cougar

Lots of assumptions here.

I have a cat and two kittens. They aren’t allowed outside. So a lot of the rash generalisations being made here are a nonsense.

Premier Icon Cougar

Also, what cookeaa just said.

I like dogs. I’d love one and I’m sure that they’re rewarding companions, but I simply don’t want the responsibility. Cats will come for cuddles and then bugger off and leave you alone for a bit, they’re basically dogs for introverts.

Premier Icon toby1

Can we not just keep maybe one thread about laughing at a story/report rather than using it to further any kind of cat or dog party political agenda?

Premier Icon cookeaa

they’re basically dogs for introverts.

Not sure if I’m an introvert, but I probably reflect the cat’s personality i.e. I’m a bit more self-sufficient not a fan of “high maintenance” relationships or constantly needing reassurance/attention… That and I love covertly shitting in my neighbour’s flower beds.

Premier Icon nickc

I think, on the whole I prefer the idea of pet ownership more than the actuality of pet ownership.

Premier Icon footflaps

I’ve conducted my own anecdotal study and found that dog owners are more emotionally needy than cat owners.

🙂

Premier Icon reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I reckon dogs are catching up with cats in the smartness stakes judging by what I see around. Dogs in special doggy pushchairs seem quite common and have recently seen a fella with a dog in a bike basket. Not unusual you say but this dog also had a sunshade which the fella couldn’t see over and the dog also laid on a suspended hammocky bed under a gazebo when back on the campsite. I like dogs and cats but don’t own one.
    I do also understand that some dogs may be poorly but there seems an awful lot of it about.

Premier Icon Cougar

A murderous bastard, just now.

Premier Icon molgrips

We just got a cat called Fifi.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

I’ve conducted a further anecdotal study to validate your research using a diametric null hypothesis.

Cat people are emotionally dead inside.

😉

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Mum has a cat, sister has a dog
    I visit my sister.
    Dog runs over How ya been !!!,bit of barking lots and lots of tail wagging and jumping up. wont leave me alone for a good five minutes.
    I Visit mum
    …………………………………………………….
    …………………………………………..
    …………Cat eventually makes an appearance, though stands at the door kitchen, looks at me, looks at feeding bowl…meows…more looking at the feeding bowl…more meows.
    Cat returns to bed upstairs.

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

A murderous bastard, just now.

….and his cat.

Premier Icon fasthaggis

Most of my family have dogs, so we do wee spells of dog minding. A bit like small children, they are good fun to play with and have around for a while, but it’s always nice to hand them back.
    I like the FU attitude of the cats that spend time with us, maybe that says more about me 😉

Premier Icon grum

Cat people are emotionally dead inside.

Cool, I don’t have a cat, so I guess I’m just the right level of non-needy but emotionally present.

Premier Icon Cougar

….and his cat.

We’ve missed you, Perchy.

(but I’m working on my aim)

Premier Icon Cougar

Dog runs over How ya been !!!,bit of barking lots and lots of tail wagging and jumping up. wont leave me alone for a good five minutes.

Cat eventually makes an appearance, though stands at the door kitchen, looks at me, looks at feeding bowl…meows…more looking at the feeding bowl…more meows.
    Cat returns to bed upstairs.

Exactly my argument.

Go for a nap with the cat.

Premier Icon Northwind

zippykona

The next time you’re stuck in an avalanche you’d better hope they don’t send a cat to find you.

On the other hand, I’ve never seen a cat grass anyone to the police for having drugs on them.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.