Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Cat locked in empty neighbours house – advice needed
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I F**cked your wife last week so I am aware what sort of undies she has anyway.

Nah, it weren't his wife. Everyone knows that she don't own any knickers.

hora
    Free Member

Everyone knows that she don't own any knickers.

She used to but now I wear them 😕

Talkemada
    Free Member

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

She used to but now I wear them

on my head

Karinofnine

You poor man, you must be so worried. I used to have cats, I love 'em. Having said that, one of them regularly used to do the off for a couple of days and turn up none the worse for it – apart from being starving!

I'm not sure what to say, I can't put myself in your position because firstly dogs don't go walkabout like cats and second, if Missy was locked in somewhere, she would make so much racket that there would be no doubt, but in that unlikely event, yes, I would break in to someone's house (and get totally stressed out about it) and face the consequences later.

However, as posted above, surely someone has a key, or a phone number or email address for this person? Do you know the name? Can you look up and ring the home number? Some people check their messages remotely. Also, there are mobile phone directories, maybe you could look up the name?

Good luck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A house I used to live in was all original 30s stained glass – to break in would have done irreparable damage and would have cost many hundreds to even get a replica of the original

be very sure it is your cat in there and be prepared for it to cost you thousands of pounds if it all goes wrong.

johnny_met
    Free Member

it's only a cat

JohnnyPanic

We all get quite worked up about our pets don't we.
    Thank you all for your responses and best wishes – I've been reading through this laughing & crying in turns – but only because Eddie has now turned up.

He was in the neighbours garage (the tracker was correct).
    We now know that they're due back late tonight, and no one else nearby has a key.
    When I called him through the catflap on Sunday there was no response.
    When my partner tried it again this morning he practically knocked her over trying to exit the flap.
    The flap was on in only (were they trying to trap small animals??) and although Eddie happily defeats our catflap in that condition, theirs was a different design & he was stuck in – no water btw.
    He is absolutely fine, hungry & thirsty but OK.
    I don't know if he's left any 'evidence' of his stay 😐
    Oh, and I wouldn't have attempted to break in without advice from the Bill unless I could see him expiring on the floor. Then I would take my chances.

theotherjonv

Might be nice to leave a note anyway so they don't do something as daft as leave their catflap on 'in only' in future.

Up to you if you leave a name in case he has crapped everywhere……

TheTompy
    Free Member

Glad he's back.

Ours have had spells away and it is very worrying.

Woody
    Free Member

Nice one. They never learn though. My neighbours cat frequently sneaks into houses and nearly gave me a heart attack when I met her on the stairs one night, or rather I felt fur brush my leg in the pitch dark 😯

BTW PMSL @ the total overreaction of some on this thread

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Alls well that ends well

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'm just waiting now for my wife's knickers to turn up…. 🙄

JohnnyPanic

Another neighbour had their mobile no. but it went to voicemail and up until this morning we hadn't heard from them. They had no coverage where they were.
    They sound quite nice so we have left a note, along with advice on cleaning anything soiled, though he was restricted to the garage so shouldn't be too bad… 😕

My neighbours cat frequently sneaks into houses and nearly gave me a heart attack when I met her on the stairs one night, or rather I felt fur brush my leg in the pitch dark

Adrenaline – good for you. A few months ago I went to the loo, dark, middle of the night, barefooted, stood in a humoungus mound of warm cat sick.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I bet some cat's run off with them… 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh I do like a happy ending 8)

"barefooted, stood in a humoungus mound of warm cat sick"

Still 'warm' eh ? You were lucky…….try chilled vomit squelching between your warm toes 😐

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Cat locked in empty neighbours house – advice needed’ is closed to new replies.