Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Casual shoe/trainer advice
  • p7eaven
    Free Member

like these but all charcoal black

RustySpanner

Ah, the 80’s French exchange sudent look. 🙂

I quite like those.
    How wide are they?

sharkattack

Nike are for Americans, prisoners and young people.
    Puma are for losers.
    Reebok are worn by burglars and MDMA casualties.
    New Balance are a middle class affectation, but look nice when using a Pizza Oven.

So, Adidas…..
    Superstar are about the pick of the bunch although Stan Smith are acceptable in an emergency.
    Samba/Gazelle/Diadora Borg Elite only if you’ve ever jibbed a Football Special.

That’s a lot of strong opinions for a man who wears shell toe clown shoes.

What do you do when you’re not dishing out fashion advice? Sneak around spraying your tag on the subway?

BigJohn

£50?

So a pair of Gazelles would be two deer then.

ton

grown men dressing like teenage football hooligans and wannabee mancshester britpop band members………… FFS get a grip.

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    RustySpanner

That’s a lot of strong opinions for a man who wears shell toe clown shoes.

What do you do when you’re not dishing out fashion advice? Sneak around spraying your tag on the subway?

Merrell wearer?

grown men dressing like teenage football hooligans and wannabee mancshester britpop band members………… FFS get a grip.

Shan’t 😀

the-muffin-man

I’m a DC Shoes wearer – under your budget and as garish or muted as you wish…

Men's Low Tops

…as a kid I lived in Puma Californias and Pods. They’ve not aged well!! 🤣🤣

Beacause I’m cooler than you lot, I wear Lacoste. Got a pair of these on at the moment.

Adidas do also feature heavily though….

Powercourt

p7eaven
    Free Member

@RustySpanner

I quite like those.
    How wide are they?

They’re in classifieds ;). offers invited. Wide-fit (G1/2) which is perfect for me but the length a little too big – I usually take a 9.5 but these are more like a ‘roomy’ 10. I may actually take them back to the shop and hope they exchange for the size down if complain about the initial fitting service.

fasthaggis

Stan Smiths and Lacoste –>> Rock that care home 😉 😀

No one rocking Converse? Got a pair of All Stars on right now

tartanscarf

Adidas ZX700. Sign up for their mailing list get 20% off first order. Boom! etc.

convert

No one rocking Converse? Got a pair of All Stars on right now

Was going to say the same…apart from……..**** me they make my feet tired after a few hours on them.

I feel I am demographically in New Balances hitting zone and completely agree with binner’s first post about being stuck in your 18 year old habit. Not sure I was doing at 18, but NB completely passed me by back then, which means I’ve never felt comfortable wearing them.

willard

As an owner of “Clown Feet” I tend to put off buying shoes/trainers/etc until previous known good pairs are almost falling off my feet. Sadly, that day has come for both my old Nanos (worn to death in the office) and my Innov8s (worn to death in the gym, the tunnel and skydiving), so i am now looking for a pair to replace them that better than the Pumas I got for the office before pandemic.

After a poor decision with some BMX trainers that were too small and some disappointment that Vans don’t make anything like the classic “Floyd” any more, I’ve just bough my first pair of Etnies (Marana). Apparently they have a grippy but hardwearing Michelin rubber sole, so should be awesome for both inside and outside use.

Now I just have to wait for them to turn up and see if I chose wisely with the size.

benman
    Free Member

Converse All-stars. Look good at any age, with any other clothing. Been wearing them since I was a teenager, and will hopefully get buried in a pair.

Come in and out of fashion, but always in style. Get a leather pair for winter…

jamj1974

Too many pairs…

La Sportiva and Five Ten shoes for bouldering, approach and MTB.

Footwear for sporting activities. Nike.

Leisure shoes (Retro) – Adidas, Puma, Nike, Vans* and Converse. New Balance and Nike SB.

Oldest pair of trainers are 28 year old Vans.

Recently had a clear out as well…

nicko74

Converse All-stars. Look good at any age, with any other clothing.

Sadly I discovered, with the death of my Chuck Taylor IIs, that Converse stopped making the Chuck IIs pretty quickly. Shame as I liked them, the added insole was a big difference. But I found some all-star all-terrain (and which size I needed them in) for the winter

sirromj
    Free Member

Vans not too much ridiculous cushioning and can commute in them when it’s dry and theyre comfortable for my flippers wide-ish feet.

configuration
    Free Member

Converse All-stars. Look good at any age, with any other clothing

Lol! Plimsolls. 🤣 Soz.

I just go for what fits my feet, not what is ‘fashionable’. This means brands like Brooks, Vivobarefoot, some Merrells, and for more ‘sporty’ needs, On. Which are ridiculously expensive. But also which our friends 20-something daughter, who has a little side hustle in buying and selling ‘collectible’ trainers, visibly shuddered at when she saw them. So they’re not cool. As for what is ‘cool’; if they’re favoured by middle aged white men, then they’re most definitely not cool. Use that as a basic guide, and you can’t go far wrong.

Yeezy’s seem to be popular amongst the young people. 😱

mattcartlidge

All black converse all star for office and grey Adidas Hamburg for home (Adidas from outlet for £39 and converse from Schuh sale for £45) having to have separate clothes/shoes for office as a bike commuter is traumatic but I guess I’ve saved thousands in car/train over last 7 years.

surfer
    Free Member

So a pair of Gazelles would be two deer then.

Very good 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

New Balance – or Dad trainers as my teenage daughters call them.

sirromj
    Free Member

What’s the idea of extended the heel back that a lot of modern trainers do? Are a lot of the youth unable to stand upright without falling backwards? Noticed some of the new 510s do it now.

Omg

razorrazoo

What’s the idea of extended the heel back that a lot of modern trainers do? Are a lot of the youth unable to stand upright without falling backwards?

I don’t think the ‘youth’ would be seen dead in those ones pictured above.  Round this way (my kids included) the uniform seems to be Nike AF1s / Jordan’s / blazers / Dunks / Max / TFs (which are mostly historically 90s designs).

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.