Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Casting BT Sport/Firestick/Pixel and other stuff
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

With my new phone contract I have a years free subscription to BT Sports. I have as follows a Google Pixel 2 , Firestick, Kindle Fire HD, Nintendo Wii U, Smart TV and a nonsubsciption Sky box. Amazingly it seems I can only watch it on my phone.

I’m thinking of purchasing a Chromecast and streaming through the phone but does anyone else have any cunning suggestions as I think id only use the Chromecast for this and if I never needed to buy one I’d be happy.

I’m aware that I could ‘sideload’ it on the Firestick but this seems to be a technical step too far.

timmys

Have you got a laptop you can connect to the TV?

I have a computer connected to my TV and I use that to watch BT Sport via the web browser. I’ve tested casting from my phone and the quality is way lower (massive compression artefacts).

I wish BT Sport would just make a proper Apple TV app. I’m should it would be a matter of hours to knock one up from the iOS phone app.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Alas no laptop. Reading through more of the T and C’s it would seem I can only view on a tablet or phone anyway. Cheers for replying though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, saw the same deal it’s a clever one as it sounds great but you have to be fairly determined to watch something on it.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d have been fine with it on the Kindle Fire but I’m watching the moto gp just now on my phone and it does lack something.

tjagain

I use chromecast and its fine quality – no compression artefacts that I can see.  Hard to tell tho ‘cos its usually compressed that you get on the computer?  iPlayer and so on?

sadexpunk

Reading through more of the T and C’s it would seem I can only view on a tablet or phone anyway.

sounds a bit like skys version then, skygo?  if thats so theres no way you can watch it through chromecast anyway, they seem to have it all tied up.  the only solution for us was to use a latop/tablet connected to tv.

Cougar

I’m sure this question cropped up a couple of weeks ago and the consensus was “you can’t.”  Seems a bit crap to me, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Casting BT Sport/Firestick/Pixel and other stuff’ is closed to new replies.