Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Castelli Alpha ROS. Anyone have one ?
  • onandon
    Free Member

they look perfect for my usual winter riding but cost a fair bit.

i hate loads of layers in deep winter. Bunched up sleeves, multiple zips and tight around the neck etc

anyone have one? Are they good? How do they fit vs other Castelli jackets?

igm

I don’t. Couldn’t find one. But I did find the Assos equivalent (iJ.bonKa) in their London store down from over £300 to £130 – plenty of sizes about 6 week’s ago.

But the Assos internet price is £230 so if London ain’t a regular stopping point…

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks but assos jackets don’t work/fit for me.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’ve got the previous version (regular Alpha) which from what I can tell is the same but without the seam taping and extra waterproof abilities.

Its my immediate go to jacket for the road throughout winter, everything from late autumn chill to deep winter rides where the air temp was -10C without windchill. It’s been through torrential downpours during rides and although didn’t keep me dry, it shrugged off the worst of it and dried within minutes of the rain stopping.

Most I’ve ever had to wear under it is a long sleeved thermal base layer in the aforementioned -10C, usually a regular base layer or short sleeved thermal one is perfect.

TLDR, it’s an awesome jacket and I wouldn’t be without mine, having looked up the ROS variation in order to reply intelligently I’m now considering getting one of those too.!!

dovebiker

Just bought one on sale at Evans – £84 sale price – £12.50 worth or Tesco vouchers boosted to £37.50 meant I got it for the princely sum of £47! Not that I need another winter jacket – my 6 year-old Castelli Radiation jacket is still immaculate.

mrb123
    Free Member

How did you manage that? Are you sure you’re talking about the same jacket as everyone else?

dovebiker

Just checked it’s the Alpha ROS Light, but still a good deal reduced from £220 – looks like I got the last one.  Hopefully I can retire my Gabba long sleeve which I find doesn’t breathe well enough – I can layer up with a Polartec Alpha gilet that fits in the back pocket for sub-zero.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Castelli Alpha ROS. Anyone have one ?’ is closed to new replies.