Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cash/ bank transfer deviousness. Can I do this?
  • bedmaker

Ok, so I have a slush fund of cash which is used for buying stuff from the LBS normally. I want to buy a frame which is not available in the LBS but don’t want to face a ‘HOW MUCH???’ scenario if I pay the cash in then buy the frame by card. I love my wife too much to make her deal with that sort of stress 8)

Can I walk into the bank with a wad of cash and transfer ut to someone else’s account without first paying it into my account?

Moses

Why not ask your bank? But probably yes.

chakaping
    Free Member

paypal?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

You can go into a branch of the recipients bank and pay cash over the counter.

Drac

Can I walk into the bank with a wad of cash and transfer ut to someone else’s account without first paying it into my account?

Of course you can, you’ll need their account number but will need to go into the bank they have the account with.

Or you could just be a man tell your wife how much the bike is and you buying it.

MSP

Some shops accept cash as well 😉 Could be simpler.

bedmaker

Some shops accept cash as well Could be simpler.

It’s progressive bikes, don’t think he has a shop does he? Even if he did I think it would be very far away from me.
    I ain’t sending any cash by royal fail either

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Pre-Paid credit card?

Or grow some plumz

boblo
    Free Member

Postal order?

andyl
    Free Member

yeah just ask them who they bank with and go to a branch of their bank and pay it in with their account details.

Rose bikes actually let you pay for your orders doing bank transfer instead of using debit/credit cards.

higgo
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

Surely it’s the same idea as paying in money on behalf of parents/children for example?

Just fill out the ‘paying in slip’ with all the relevant account number, sort code, account name.

Neat idea too. 🙂

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Why the need to be devious?

iain1775
    Free Member

Why not just ask Si at progressive for his bank details rather than start a thread asking a silly question like can I pay cash into a bank!! Or it it just a way to boast that you have a load of cash to buy a new frame?
    Compensating for something are we, a lack of plums maybe 😉
    He’s Chesterfield / sheff area btw, I’m happy to collect the cash off you and pass it on if if simplifies things! 😉

paulwf

I have bought things for under the thumb mates before on my card and they have paid me the cash.

Can’t you just do that?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if you want to send me the cash I’ll pass it straight along there……

it’s not money from your great uncle who is trying to get out of Africa where he might be trapped but has millions waiting for the right helpful person to move is he?

rustler
    Free Member

Is this the money from that Nigerian chaps uncle who perished in the plane crash…

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s not worth it, just tell her. I did a similar thing for a particularly flash car many moons ago. She eventually found out, I got hell for being deceitful and she still doesnt let me forget it many years later. Honesty is a valuable currency…

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Does your wife do the same when she buys shoes or bags? Do you care if she spends money on things she likes?
    Just be open and honest and justify your expenditure in terms of one big spend as opposed to many small ones on her part.
    Thnk about it this way, if you lie about what you spend, what else do you lie about? You’ve created a trust issue where there doesn’t need to be one.
    Been there, done that,not going there again.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I could give you my acc no and sort code and you can walk into any lloyds tsb and pay money in.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve paid cash into other peoples accounts without issue before. It’s fast, easy and free. Just make sure you get the person on the counter to confirm the name of the account you are paying into. if you put cash into the wrong account, it’s highly unlikely you’ll be able to get it back!

peterwp
    Free Member

I bet you she already know that the stuff you buy is far more expensive than you say it is anyway! Its always worked in my house, just bought a tasty second hand 2009 Orange 5 on fleabay with “full disclosure” easy as pie!

Digger90
    Free Member

You love your wife too much to put her through that kind of stress – but you’re OK with lying to her?

Sounds like a relationship problem, not a bike/spending problem.

Be open with her, honest with eachother. If she really can’t understand or doesn’t agree with what you’re doing is there a valid reason why not e.g. can’t put food on the table for kids, etc?

If not, maybe you should both examine what issue she has with it – is it just that she doesn’t want you to have it but happily spends money on things for herself?

IME if you buy the bike and hide it from her, it’ll all come out a few years later and will further erode the basis of trust between you in your relationship.

I speak from personal experience…

HermanShake
    Free Member

Buy her something distracting and pretty, then buy the frame. The more devious you plan, the worse the come uppance. Oh, and of course the plums as mentioned above.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cash/ bank transfer deviousness. Can I do this?’ is closed to new replies.