Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cars…now or wait?
  • will
    Free Member

So i now want a new car. But i just don’t know if i should wait till the SH prices come down even more (if they do) or just get one now.

Would you get one now, or wait?

Smee
    Free Member

Do you have cash or would you be needing finance?

If you have cash fill your boots.

shinsplints

Auctions have picked up slightly since the new year.That said,there are some right bargains to be had.Our vehicles coming back off fleet are fetching 15-25% less than we had the residual value set at.Fill your boots if you have the readies,like smee says.

will
    Free Member

I have cash…not looking to spend a huge amount, about £2k-£2.5k

Hmmm…. thanks!

Alek
    Free Member

mate was quoted 20% interest from his local bank on a 12K loan for a new astra!!

would only buy if I had the cash (but never have I been in that position in my entire life) 🙁

shredder
    Free Member

As said there are some bargains to be had. Our vehicles coming back of contract are making cap and above interesting. Dealers are reporting a shortage of stock ! So are paying premiums we were selling around 300 per day last month

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Agree with people saying dealers are finding it more difficult to get cheap cars, was thinking of getting something newer myself and all salesmen I spoke to said more or less the same thing (cars are as cheap now as they are likely to be (checkout honestjohns website on auction watch)). Also one said when paying why not get a 0% credit card for purchases, it means you can get interest on your cash while getting free finance for your car(just keep your cash to clear the balance and keep an eye on date it has to be cleared for)
    hope this is of some help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cars…now or wait?’ is closed to new replies.