Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carsharing to events – anyone use an online site?
  • matt_outandabout

I am travelling to a few national events this autumn, and for a couple of them have to take the car full of kit. Company and personal attitude is to fill the car with more folk….

I am happy to put it out there on social media etc, but organisers are both suggesting GDPR and the hassle means they won’t put an email out.

One organiser has said they would put out a link to a car sharing site / website though.

Anyone used any of these services, and can you recommend one?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’ve used BlaBla car (as a driver offering a lift).

Works well. Recommended

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Just put it on here as wtd ad, but in chat, stealthy like.

A title like “what tyres for a wood fired coffee machine” will ensure high uptake.

matt_outandabout

Just put it on here as wtd ad,

I think the number of STW’ers who are attending the Outdoor Learning Sector Conference 2018 is a fairly narrow group, even more so who live North or West of Stoke….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think the number of STW’ers who are attending the Outdoor Learning Sector Conference 2018 is a fairly narrow group

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt over the years about stw it’s that roughly 90% of anyone with niche hobbies, unusual employment, bell curve braking body proportions or downright unfathomable requirements for everything from office chairs with a prononuced sideways tilt to water glasses with holes in both ends has an active account here.

matt_outandabout

😆

stever
    Free Member

We use these for our race: https://racelifts.org/

No real idea on takeup but it helps ease consciences 🙂

andybrad

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carsharing to events – anyone use an online site?’ is closed to new replies.