• This topic has 213 replies, 163 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 214 total)
  • THE car you covet..
  • JAG

The top of my list is the Lancia Stratos in road going trim please…

2nd place is a Ferrari 288GTO which has already appeared further up this thread.

ElShalimo

4130s0ul
    Free Member

and how could I forget this to be included in my coveted collection…

Korres Project 4

utter madness

AlexSimon

oh yeah – forgot about that sort of thing.
    Make mine an Ariel Nomad

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was going to say a Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing but I’d have this instead. For those days you feel like invading Poland.

mos

Mclaren F1, nothing else really interests me.
    Although they don’t drop in price much so it’s unlikely i will ever buy one.
    I have it in my head that they will make something similar to an R8 which will hopefully have similar levels of depreciation (tho the R8 not the F1).

edhornby

Nice one HunterSt I’d like a S please – what’s the point in rushing, you can arrive in comfort and style

kcal

Citroens have appeal (I had a GSA which was nice) – SM, DS..
    Also the 205 as above (funnily enough, mine got stolen too, F 875 PST..)

If it’s just one, it’d be an Alvis T21 like this (borrowed a burgundy one as our wedding car…)

thenorthwind

Wow. Came on this thread to post a pic of a Volvo 240 estate, assuming I’d get laughed at, but I’m not even the first person to do it!

Nothing special, just want a nice late 80s GLT with the 2.3l manually injected redblock to replace my 89′ GL 2.0 which is currently on SORN on my drive having failed its MOT with rusty sills.

I swear to the Swedish gods I’d take better care of this one.

I’d like to see most of the cars on this thread swallow a slack 650b without taking the wheels off, and look cool doing it.

thenorthwind

SaxonRider – is that yours or just one you covet?

Nobby

MrGrim (page2) Had one of those back in the day, in that exact colour scheme. Was glad to see the back of it TBH, bloody death-trap.

As the Giulia QV isn’t out yet I’d have to say I still have a hankering fro one of these:

jp-t853

slackalice
    Free Member

@waswaswas – what are they?! 8)

Easily the best looking cars yet on this thread. Or possibly ever!

@drapoon – your Mk1looks lovely 8). BTW, in Mk1 nerd mode, you maybe aware that those 14″ Mk2 steels have a smaller offset than the original 13″ rims? Handling and turn in are personal things, I ended up popping in some hub spacers when I was hill climb & sprinting in mine.

Quaife is an excellent call and fitting an early 1600 Mk1 final drive, were easily the best mods I made for the hill climbing 😀

dingabell
    Free Member

Lancia Stratos in Alitalia colours for me please.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Just the right side of mental

wwaswas

Slackalice

Figoni et falaschi

Most amazing designs ever, IMO, they just flow.

rto
    Free Member

Melkus RS1000

slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks! Just been Googling and I’ve come over all creative!

They are stunning designs and incredible craftsmanship throughout.

Some chap has five of them, apparently.

yunki
    Free Member

I’d probably go for a volvo estate too! 🙂
    Summink new and sleek and comfy, with the right balance of power and fuel economy..

I’d also have a big old merc panel van converted artisan style with a log burner, exquisite carpentry and middle eastern fabrics

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice Blower up there!
    Great to see the Swedish Brick love here as well! That yellow T5R is very the prancing moose du choix!

ac505
    Free Member

Annoyingly I’ve owned some cars that have elevated from just a classic to a true classic. Wish I had a barn and had kept them:

71 VW Karmann Ghia Cab (Cali import)
    59 VW Splitty
    63 VW Splitty (that I put a Porsche engine in)
    Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign
    Renault 5 GT Turbo (okay not quite a classic, but soon much fun to drive)

Need to dig out some pics and have a little cry.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I owned mine for a while, wished I’d never sold it (not mine below btw)
    Capri 280

Nowadays it’d be one of these

unknown
    Free Member

It would be a DS but that’s already been posted so I’ll have one of these as well.

teenrat

Always had a soft spot for one of these ever since i was a lad and they used pretty common on the roads.

Also one of these since i first watched vanishing point.

I like cars with twin headlights!!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Original genuine 1071cc cooper s. Dont wrap it, ill drive her home.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

As an eight year old boy, my Dad was on his second Saab 99 (of the basic L variety). He got an invite from the dealership (Wilkes in Howden-le-Wear, County Durham) when the 99 Turbo was launched, so he, my Uncle Joe and I piled in the car and drove down for the evening. What a launch; all the chicken vol-au-vents you could eat. The highlight though was being taken on a test drive by the garage owner’s son (Philip Wilkes) in one of the new Turbos. He was an amateur rally driver and knew the back roads round the area like the back of his hand. What ensued was nothing short of gobsmacking. My Dad in the front, Uncle Joe and I in the back (without the now obligatory seatbelts) being scared half to death as this monstrously powerful car got put through its paces. We got air a couple of times, and when we got out, the brake discs were glowing red in the pitch dark. Ever since then, I’ve always wanted one. Guess I’ve missed my chance.

k-sugden
    Free Member

this one for me please

cheshirecat
    Free Member

A friend had one of these at university. Bit of a shed, but looked, sounded and went amazingly.

Edit:
    I’ve also always wanted one of these.

joolsburger
    Free Member

thv3
    Free Member

For me its always been an Mazda RX-7, going up in price now but will definitely have one at some point.

RobinL

This one ..
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C587862

I owned and rallied a one of the 400 Chevette HS’s but it was only a club rally spec nothing like this ….

Just need a lottery win to fund buying it and rallying it !

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Perfectly ugly….

wwaswas

Maybe a Mercury lead sled.

worldrallyteam – Member
    Currently browsing for a Fiesta MK1 Supersport in Sunburst Red

Oh how I wish I still had mine OJU 1W 🙁

This one isn’t mine btw…

isitafox
    Free Member

Can’t get a pic as the works internet is so crappy and outdated but Datsun 240z, or Nissan Sunny ZX Coupe!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe, I’m such a sheep..

Singer Porker, this one…

And, well yes this location 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Original genuine 1071cc cooper s.

My mother totalled one of those. Her first car. 🙁

butcher

One of these…

I prefer the later models…

I’m growing a soft spot for classic Porsches too mind. That blue one is lovely.

onewheelgood

I came up behind a 928 S4 on the M25 this morning and I was struck by just how good it looked for a 30 year-old car. Very tempted.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘THE car you covet..’ is closed to new replies.