Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Cars that go ‘Tiss’
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Its a very short engine, and only 4 cyl by the looks of it?

Harmitans
    Free Member

Not quite. It’s a Mazda 13B rotary in an RX-2 chassis.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Anyone knowing the original 6r4 knows it was undeniably a beast, if a little unreliable. Shame group B was banned.

I remember going to the pre-rally show for the Jim Clark Rally in Duns and thinking to myself ‘what a £$%^’ when I looked in my mirror at a guy turning up in a ‘6r4’ behind me…

When I had another look at it later on, I realised it was actually a real one! 😀

It’s my joint favourite Gp B car, alongside the Ford RS200.

Shame Group S Never saw the light of day, competitively…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wow, wasnt expecting a wankel!

aracer
    Free Member

Wow, wasnt expecting a wankel!

Me neither – what does 40 (or 50) psi do for the rotor tip wear?

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t all the VAG diesel engines have a dump valve? And the 1.9 and 2.0 VAG engines must be the most common engines on the road….. My Audi certainly goes ‘Tiss’.

Harmitans
    Free Member

Aracer – 40psi seems to accelerate wear slightly. Although fancy apex seals (ie horrendously expensive) have improved this on the new engine.

Samuri – Not sure about the VAG dump valve to be honest. Road going diesels are not my strong point, and have advanced so much in recent years that it could well be possible.

Sandwich

RudeBoy with Maria Callas at 5kW, I’d be more worried about your sexuality than class 😀
    I’d also worry about how long the car would stay glazed when she hits the really high notes!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Samuri – Not sure, I’ve just had a browse of some VAG literature and couldnt see any reference to one as standard, and found a forum where they were clammering for a diagram of how to retrofit one (with a bunch of the regulars pointing out that anyone knowing anything about TDs will laugh at them if they hear it). 🙂 That said the 3 litre TD in our landcruiser has a throttle plate controlled by cable, just as a petrol does. Its apparently for emissions, it helps draw the EGR gasses into the intake more and a few other things I dont follow on a D etc.

samuri
    Free Member

yeah, I had a look around after I’d posted, couldn’t find anything definitive.
    It’s not a WRX Tiss, quite a quiet and subtle Tiss and you’ve got to be skinning it to make it do it.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Cars that go ‘Tiss’’ is closed to new replies.