Cars ( mpv's I guess) that'll take a bike wheels on…

Home Forum Chat Forum Cars ( mpv's I guess) that'll take a bike wheels on…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cars ( mpv's I guess) that'll take a bike wheels on…
  • stgeorge

I’ve got old Seat Alhambra which does it easily with medium hardtail – same as Galaxy/Sharan

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Anyone own anything that’ll take a large 6″ travel bike wheels on and upright inside?
    Other than another van.
    Preferably with room to sleep inside, so it’ll need to fit in pretty straight on.
    Thinking a Galaxy might, wondering about an s-max, is there anything else to consider?

Premier Icon transporter13
    Subscriber

My galaxy takes 3 6″ travel bikes fully built with the seats down. No problems

Premier Icon mos
    Subscriber

I saw a guy wheel his bike straight into a Kangoo the other day via the side door. I must admit, it did make my practcal bone twitch a bit. Shame about the looks tho.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

van with back row of seats? your practically asking for a van, you should probably just MTFU and get one 🙂

Deveron53

One of these:

Mitsubishi Delica

CountZero

Always fancied one of those Delicia’s.

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

We’ve been looking at this. Our Octavia can carry everything we need, but a van would allow easier access to get stuff in and out. We’ve been looking at the VW Caddy Max. We’ve started to change to the people carrier version as we’ve been led to believe that there’s an increase in insurance with a van, limited to 60mph on dual carriageways and increased toll/ferry fees.

bookwyse

Mercedes Viano gets my vote. As used by the executive limo crowd as you get full leather. Mine has six individual leather captains seats and when I take one of them out I can fit five bikes in with the wheels on and still have a large area for bags etc. So to fit five people and bags and bikes ALL inside is a big bonus.

Take the two rear seats out and you can fit eight bikes plus bags in!!!!!!!!!!!! and still sit four in compfort

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

See if you can get one of these? I imagine the second-hand price would be very competitive and there’s definitely room to sleep in the back.

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Is that what you’ve ended up buying Rob?
    What’s the advantages over the Berlingos?

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Cheers cougar, we’ve had two family funerals in the last month, wife’d have a fit if I bought one of those home. 🙂
    It needs to cope with 4 people, bikes and camping stuff, and be less agricultural to drive, and a lot more economical than the Bongo.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Paint it white and stick a Ghostbusters logo on the door, be reet.

(In seriousness, sorry for your losses and apologies if that was in poor taste)

b r

limited to 60mph on dual carriageways

and 50mph on single carriageways

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

Looks like a bus with heavily blacked windows then…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cars ( mpv's I guess) that'll take a bike wheels on…’ is closed to new replies.