Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cars been written off grrrr!!!
  • 40mpg

Got in a tangle on the motorway a week or so ago (non-fault), just had the call from insurers to say my cars a total loss. Bloody annoyed at this as it was the perfect motor for me, and had been completely reliable. Plus I only finished paying for it last month, had just put new tyres on and it had a full tank of fuel!

Basically I was trundling along in the middle lane at about 30mph in very heavy traffic. A car joining from the slip road clipped the front of a concrete truck and span into the rear passenger side of mine. Damage to rear door and wheel. I guess there was a lot more going on underneath (I paid £12k fo the car a year ago, so must be worth about £10k).

I can keep the hire car for 7 days from whan a cheque arrives, so now the hassle of finsding another car pronto.

Bloody hell I’m going to take up cycling I think 🙁

Edit – surely that’ll polish out? Rear wheel steering optional?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/z8gCwK]2015-10-21_06-09-45[/url] by Allan, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Plus I only finished paying for it last month, had just put new tyres on and it had a full tank of fuel!

cokie

On the plus side, you can get a car that suits your username better now!

z1ppy

been there, non-fault but as my old focus was over 10 year old it was worth nada as far as they were conserned. The fact that I had a upto date service history, brand new exhaust, 4 new winter tyres and a full tank of fuel was irreverent to the ‘my’ insurance companies assessor! Had to fight to even get a grand out of them

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Is that one of those fancy cars that the rear wheels turn when parking?

Sorry, I know how annoying it us looking for a new car but at least nobody was seriously injured?

bigyinn
    Free Member

NEVER accept the insurance companies first offer of a payout, regardless.
    They’ll always give you rock bottom as an opener. Reject it even if its good, or not.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m surprised they have written that off to be honest. Second hand rear beam and a bit of body work, job done.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Chassis damage / twisted? Usually gave over if there is.

z1ppy

that is definitely the case Bigyinn but even pushing them back with proof of the average adverts was a fight and this was my insurance company, not the at fault drivers!

PS: Expect top spend the next 5 years + getting calls from “solicitors” who’ll tell you they can claim back personal injury costs, especially as they third party have managed to claim (yeah yeah).. they never go away, tell em you’ve already claimed and at least they ring off.

scuttler

When the insurance tell you your car was average condition blah blah make sure you tell them the tyres were a month old. It’s obviously in their interests to convince you your car’s worth nowt.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cars been written off grrrr!!!’ is closed to new replies.