Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Carron Valley…Rideable??
  • Johnboy373
    Free Member

Gagging to get out on bike since I'm on holiday this week.

Has anyone been up to Carron Valley recently?

Is it rideable?

Cheers

acorlett

Bump. Would like to know the answer to this, too. Anyone?

bigG
    Free Member

Not rideable unless there's been a mega thaw since Sat, I was there with a mate and it's really no fun at all. Push all the way with no grip, but plenty of soft landings. One other thing, the car park is a skating rink.

G

bigG
    Free Member

organic355
    Free Member

it has been consistently above 3 degrees here in dundee, so Stirling must be similar? Snow is gradually melting here, maybe by the weekend it will be rideable.

if you go, give us an update please as I too am dying to get out, and interested to see the changes at CV.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I'm only about 10 miles from Carron Valley and its thawing quickly here. Although hard pack snow is turning to skating rink ice. I'd guess by the weekend it'll be ok.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

7 miles from CV and it's a skating rink here too….will take a few more days to clear at lower levels and a bit longer up at CV I think.

acorlett

Aye, it is melting here in Dundee, organic – but it's bloomin' horrible. Went to Templeton Woods in lunch and it's either slick ice or slush. Conditions are at the worst right now, IMHO. Fingers crossed for some clear trails by the weekend.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seen a few people coming back from biking there (also live not far away and drive past it a few times), they seemed to have enjoyed themselves (muddy bikes). Not been out myself, but judging by my own back yard/fields I'd say it was ridable but probably slushy/icy. Depends on your definition of ridable, I'd have tackled it in icy/snowy form quite happily.

craig1975
    Free Member

Fingers crossed it's melted for the weekend, I'm hoping to get a spin round there too, want to check out what they've done to the place

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Ill give it a couple more day to thaw more.

You's will love runway its smooth, fast and jumpy… If you want it to be.

organic355
    Free Member

Any updates?, may give it a go on Sunday if its thawed a bit.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Been snowing again at the foot of the Campsies last night/yesterday, and the hills are still very white.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

I was in Mugdock park today with my dog. Snowing like hell but seemed pretty grippy under foot.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley…Rideable??’ is closed to new replies.