Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Carron Valley
  • bigG
    Free Member

Took my first spin round CV today since the works have all been completed and I have to say that I had an absolute hoot!

Not sure if it was the snow or the cold that made me enjoy it so much but it was a bloody good laugh. Just enough grip to make it fun, and enough snow to make it feel festive.

For those that think the trails are blue, red, orange or whatever. Today they were just perfect. Well worth a visit tomrrow if the snow's still there!

Johnboy373
    Free Member

I've been twice in last week, its awesome aint it? Wednesday was nice and dry took my dog had a blast, Friday went with my mate snow on ground and so cold my lungs where hurting with every breath but another cracking day. The runway section is great fun, I hope to get buck up before Xmas.

geoffj

So, since CVDG fell out big time with FC, who has been doing the work?

acorlett

Hi bigG – were you out Sunday morning then? I was lucky enough to be the first person there on Sunday a.m., riding around in that fresh snow was awesome. Two thumbs up for the trail work as well. Carron Valley has never been a technical course, just a short, sharp blast of pure fun – and the changes have just made it even funner.
    Absolutely loving the constant drop-offs and twisty berms on the new Runway. Rode it over and over, and am already looking forward to going back…

organic355
    Free Member

interesting…. I was worried the changes were going to ruin CV, but it seems they have actually made it better?

I think a boxing day blast is in order!!!

Northwind

geoffj, there was a big thread on this just a wee while back, which was ironically all about "sanitising" and making the trail less fun 😉

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/look-what-they-have-they-done-to-carron-valley

If you like the changes it might not hurt to post in that thread, I bet Petey's a bit fed up of the negativity…

acorlett

organic – I think the changes to the Runway have made it better without a doubt. Kelpie's staircase has been smoothed out a lot but, to be fair, it is now more inkeeping with the difficulty of the course in general.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Northwind. That threads to do with Kelpie's staircase. The runway wasnt open when thread was started.

You are right about staircase they've kind of mucked it up but to be honest once you've done the runway once you wont be bothering about Kelpie.

It really is great fun no matter what level your ridings at.

dmiller
    Free Member

It was me that started the other cv thread. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the runway, not been up since it opened but there have been a few threads here with people not happy with kelpies but willing to forgive as the runway is a lot better…

bigG
    Free Member

acorlett, I was there about 11 all set to go until I discovered one slight flaw in my plan. Back again about 12 after I nipped home to put some pedals on the bike.

I'm planning a night ride in between Chrimbo and New Year, hope we still have some snow..

BoardinBob

What was the road like from Denny to CV? Ice, snow etc?

bigG
    Free Member

the road was fine up to the Carron Valley Inn, after that a bit slippery with ice and snow patches. Not too bad, but certainly enough to make pay attention.

bigG
    Free Member

Conditions todayUpdate on the latest trail conditions at CV. Headed up today, car park was slippery enough to give a view of what was to come. Snow is about seven or eight inches deep and the trails are unrideable. Fire roads rideable with care but no fun to be had.

I joined up with a group of four and we all struggled, pushed, slipped and rode v short sections where we could.

Headed home after pushing up to the start of the fun park and walking most of the way down it.

To top it all off I needed a push out of the car park, thanks!

Would suggest not heading up until there's been a decent thaw.

bigG
    Free Member

Conditions today

Update on the latest trail conditions at CV. Headed up today, car park was slippery enough to give a view of what was to come. Snow is about seven or eight inches deep and the trails are unrideable. Fire roads rideable with care but no fun to be had.

I joined up with a group of four and we all struggled, pushed, slipped and rode v short sections where we could.

Headed home after pushing up to the start of the fun park and walking most of the way down it.

To top it all off I needed a push out of the car park, thanks!

Would suggest not heading up until there's been a decent thaw.

acorlett

Anybody got an update on conditions up there? Don't know how it's been down Stirling but here in Fife we've had another inch or two today, so can only imagine it's not any better there.
    Christ – there's nowhere to ride at the moment!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley’ is closed to new replies.